003 WALKING ON WATER

╭───── (🪐) CHAPTER 3; WALKING ON WATER

THE SMELL OF COFFEE FILLED THE AIR, Keiko was making coffee jelly in her kitchen, preparing for a day at the beach with her friend Nendou, he invited her to go with him at the weekend which she gladly accepted. Jelly was always a good dessert to have in the summer and she thought coffee flavoured was always the best flavour.

She was wearing a floral summer dress and had cute little frog hair clips in her hair, a perfect look for the beach. She cut the jelly into small cubs, placing them in a jar along with the cream that went with it, she sealed the jars and placed them in an ice bag to preserve the sweet jelly, that's when she heard a knock at the door to which her father answered.

Daisuke Mochizuki, Keiko's father came into the kitchen, he was a tallish man, around 5'8, black hair and hazel eyes just like her, "Keiko, there's a strange-looking boy for you at the door." he said, adjusting his round glasses.

"Oh! That's just Nendou dad. He's here to take me to the beach." she smiled, she picked up the ice bag and went over to her father kissing him on the cheek "I'll be back sometime in the late afternoon." she mentioned before skipping out of the room to the front door.

She heard her father shout from the kitchen "Stay safe!" she went to the front door to see Nendou standing there in a pink floral shirt, sunglasses and he held a large rubber dolphin on his left.

"Hey greeny! You look pretty!" Nendou said, giving her a big smile.

"Hi there Nendou, you look nice too. That shirt really suits you."

"I actually found it in a puddle in the street, I took it home and my mum washed it for me!"

Keiko raised a brow at her much taller friend "Um- That's nice... Anyway, I made some coffee jelly! I hope you like it." she said raising up the ice bag.

They both walked down the street heading towards the beach "Yeah that's cool." as they walked further they turned into a different street until Nendou noticed a door for one of the houses "Hey is that my buddy's house?" he asked now stopping in front.

"Saiki? Maybe, why? Are you wanting to invite him?" Keiko asked.

"Sure! The more the merrier."

————————————

"Hey pal, let's go to the beach. We were just walking down the street here and I saw your name on the door and figured this was your house." Nendou said to Saiki, as Keiko awkwardly stood beside him both facing Saiki and a young-looking woman who looked horrified at Nendou.