022 KUSUO'S BIRTHDAY

╭───── (🍰) CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO; KUSUO'S BIRTHDAY

IN A FEW DAYS IT WAS SAIKI'S BIRTHDAY, the group had planned a surprise birthday for him. They just needed to make sure they weren't suspicious about it, although Nendou and Yumehara had failed slightly.

Saiki was sitting next to Keiko at the desk who was peacefully reading a book, he got up and grabbed his back before glancing back at her "You coming?" he asked slinging his bag over his shoulder.

She didn't move her head from the book "No thanks Sai, I'm staying after school to join the cooking club." she said, Saiki gave her an unnoticeable smirk You're a terrible liar, there is no cooking club today. He knew what her secret little plan was but he let her have her moment, he left the classroom and went out the school.

Keiko waited for a moment before jumping off her desk and pulled the rest of the group into the class, they all walked towards the window to watch Saiki's retreating figure leaving the school "Gosh!" Kaidou started "That idiot, Nendou had me worried." 

"That was close." Aren replied "He almost ruined the whole plan."

"You too, Chiyo." Teruhashi said to Yumehara.

"I was careless. I'll be more careful next time."

Keiko from next to Aren crossed her arms "At least he's gone now. So we don't have to worry about him."

"Where is Nendou?" Kinkeshi noticed that Nendou was no where in sight.

"I sent him home." Kaidou told him "He can't follow this plan with his stupidity."

"It's better this way." Mera said.

"We've been preparing for a week." Kaidou then unfolded a scroll "Failure is unacceptable. Our strategy meeting starts now." everyone circled around the paper with large smiles "The Saiki Birthday Surprise Strategy. Tomorrow's the day."

The group sat around the table while Kaidou broke out the plan "After class ends, Aren and I will get Saiki. I invite him over to my house. We don't mention his birthday. When we get to the house... I'll get some drinks. Aren brings Saiki to the room. At the right moment, Aren pulls the cracker. That's the signal. And I appear with the cake. Perfect!" 

Teruhashi smiled "I wonder what his face will look like."

"I bet it will look like this." Yumehara then pulled a face where she grabbed her cheeks and made them go red, she had a look of joy in her eyes.