WWC 2019 - Round of 16

I was starting for the game against Brazil. It was a really important game, we had to win to qualify for the quarter finals and face the USWNT.

We were lining up in the corridor, beside the Brazilian team. Suddenly, Martha, as she walked besides me to go to the front of the Brazilian line, acknowledged me.

"May the best team win, kiddo." She said as we shook hands.

Ok Madi, focus !

——————

« Ladies and gentleman welcome to round of 16 of the women's World Cup between France and Brazil. Two of the most greatest teams. »

The referee blew his whistle and the game started.

During the first minutes of the game it was very close between the two teams. Suddenly, I received the ball from Amandine and started running on the left wing. I crossed the ball in the penalty area, Valerie Gauvin collided with the Brazilian goalkeeper but managed to put the ball in the net.
Unfortunately, the referee whistle and the goal was refused. Apparently, Valerie committed a fouled against the goalkeeper.

The first Half of the game passed and it was still a draw (0-0).
The second half began, I got the ball and started running. It was literally the same action as in the first half. I crossed the ball in the penalty area, but this time Valerie tossed it into the back of the net.

"Bien joué Madi !" (Well done Madi !) She said jumping in my arms. All the team came and surrounded us.

Unfortunately, few minutes later the Brazilians came back to the score. We finished the 90th on a draw (1-1). It was now extra-time and coach decided to bench me for the rest of the game.
I was freaking nervous till Amandine scored the winning goal. I jumped on Sakina arms who was just besides me. We were all so happy.
When the referee blew the final whistle, I ran towards Amandine and jumped in her arms.

"Tu l'as fait capitaine ! Tu nous as sauvé !" (You did it captain ! You're a lifesaver !) I said and we laughed, releasing all the pressure we had.

—————

"You're a legend ! You may not have win this tournament but you have win the respect et the admiration of a billion people, who didn't know you. And this come from someone who always looked up to you." I said as I met Martha on my way back to the locker room.

"Thanks, Madi. I'm sad, it's normal but I hope this World Cup and the next generation of player, like you, will make the women's soccer more appreciate and more respected. And I know, you have all skills needed to be the next Martha." She joked and I laughed.

"No one could ever remplace you !" I said as we hugged and exchange our jersey.

—————

In the next day, we celebrate our victory while remaining focus on our next game.

We were at training and it was an open session, so a lot of fan were there. At the end of the training, me and the girls went to see the public and sign some autographs.

"Can you sign me this ?" I heard someone asking me and I was about to started the autographs without really paying attention on who was asking till the person added something. "Can you please put, for the best sex partner I've ever had." I raised my head and meet eyes with beautiful green eyes.