WWC 2019 - Quarter finals

The day has come. We were playing against the USA in the quarter finals of the World Cup.

MEW-MEW 🌈
Get ready to make me cookies, Madiboo :)

ME
Haha, In your dreams mewmew !

MEW -MEW🌈
Yes, I hope you know yours won't come true tomorrow...:/

ME
We'll see about that 🤫

Few seconds after I wrote my message I received a FaceTime call from Kristie. 

"What do you want, Mew-Mew ?" I said.

"Nothing special, just wanted to see your face." She said and I rolled my eyes at her.

"Awn, aren't you so cute !"

"Argh, I just wanna make sure you won't be mad at me if we win tomorow, that's all."

"Of course I won't. Why would I ?"

"It's better to be safe, than sorry...Anyway, I had a bird told me about your altercation with Jessie...How are you doing ?" She said and I sighed.

"I don't really wanna talk about it, I rather stay focus on the World Cup. I'll deal with all that shit later."

"If you sure then I'll see you on the field." She winked at me before hanging up. She is really something else.

—————

The game against USA didn't go the way I had planned, we unfortunately lost...
I was on the field, the referee had just whistled the end of the game and tears were about to run down my cheeks. Sakina who was just besides me, took me in her arms.

"Ça va aller Madi, on a fait de notre mieux.." (It's gonna be ok Madi, we did our best...) I could see tears running down her cheeks, she also was disappointed by the final result.

"Putain, on devait gagner... c'est chez nous, ça aurait été tellement beau.." (Damn, we should've won...It's our hometown, it would've been amazing..). I said and Sakina just squeezed me harder between her arms before leaving to go see Marion.
Sitting on the field, looking at Tobin pulling my mom in a big embrace, or Kelley jumping in Alex arms, made me happy for them cause they are my family but an other part of me envied them...
Suddenly I felt someone sitting right next beside me.

"So about those cookies..." the voice I recognize as Kristie said and between two sobs escape a laugh. "Im sorry..." She said wrapping her left arm around my shoulders.

"You don't have to be sorry for anything."

"I know but I wanted you to know that you were amazing out there, so dry up those tears.."She wiped the tears on my cheeks.

"You should go enjoy your win, I'll be fine." I sadly smiled at her. I saw her hesitate for a few seconds before she kissed my forehead and left to join her teammates.
Few seconds after this, mom came by, followed by  the rest of the team to comfort me.

—————

I was coming back  at my hotel from a walk when I saw Jessie at the reception, I think she was looking for me so I try to discreetly pass trough but I knew I failed when I heard her calling my name.