Sad News

A/N : Hii ! It's been a while, hope you are all doing fine ! I'm sorry I haven't published in a long time but school take me all my time... :(
Anyway, here's a few chapters to make it up to you !

"Can you wait for me in my room please?" I whispered to Jessie. She nodded and went upstairs.
I walked in the living room and find my mom on the couch.
I sat next to her and she put one of her hands on my thigh.

"I...uhm, I received a call from my dad earlier and...He told me that...that my mom felt very sick this past few months, so she went to a doctor and...it turns out she has cancer..."
I tried to process what she just said but she was crying, and I didn't know what to do. I think I was panicking a bit. After a few seconds, I managed to calm myself and hugged her tight, I knew how hard it must be for her to heard a news like this.

"It's gonna be okay, it's mama Press we're talking about, she's the strongest women I know." I said trying to reassure her with a smile.

"Yeah..." She said with a weak smile. "uhm im gonna go lay down in my room for a while. If you need something call me, ok ?" She said getting up and I nodded.
I watched her leave the room and couldn't help myself from feeling guilty. Guilty, that I couldn't find the words to comfort her.

I tried to put it out of my mind and went to my room. I walked in without talking despite Jessie questions. I lay next to her, and put my arms over my eyes. Jessie started to delicately stroke my hair with her hand and I sighed in frustration.

"Hey, tell me what's going on.." She asked.

"My grandma has cancer..." I said.

"Oh...I'm sure it's gonna be ok." She tried to reassure me and I shrugged, removing my arms from my face.

"I hope you right... I'm just worried about my mom...I need to call Tobin...cause I don't know what to do, I've never seen her like that before."

"Yes, of course, go on."

So, I took my phone and called the only person my mom needed in moment like this.

—————

"Hey." Tobin said hugging me. "How are you holding up ?"

When I called her, she didn't hesitate and immediately book a plane ticket to get here.

"I'm...fine, but mom, she's a bit off since she find out the news, she didn't talked that much yesterday and I didn't know how to cheer her up.."

"It's gonna be okay, kiddo." She ruffled my hair and went to see mom.

I joined Jessie in the kitchen where I opened the fridge and got a bottle of apple juice.

"Do you want some ?" I asked and she shook her head. "What time's your flight ?"

"Uhm, let me check... 1:30pm"

"Ok, I go take a shower and will go."

—————

We were waiting for Jessie flight at the airport, when a young girl came towards me.

"Excuse me, are you Madison St Germain ?" A little surprised to have been recognized it took me a little while to answer.

"Y-yeah."

"Can we take a picture ?" She timidly asked.

"Of course !" I smiled.

After the little girl took a picture with me, she also took one with Jessie before going back to her family.

"We're starting to be famous." I said with a big grin.

"Yeah, don't get too cocky." She said elbowing me. "It's cool to see you smile like that again. I haven't seen your smile that much since your victory against Houston."

"Yeah, sorry if it ruined your weekend."

"Hey, don't worry for me, and you don't have to feel sorry about anything, none of what happened is your fault."

"Yes, I know, but still, it bothered me a little."

"Really, don't worry. I had a great time..." She said and I could see her tensed a bit.

"What ?"

"No...it just that you know, I kept thinking about what happened between us and we didn't really have the time to talk about it with all what happened..."

"Oh..." Was all I could say. I didn't know what to say cause I didn't really know how to feel about that kiss.

"Oh..." She said back.

"I mean, I didn't really thought about it..."

And there was the awkward moment of silence where no one knew what to say !

"I like you Madi... I really do." She said and Im not gonna lie to myself, I suspect it since one of my talk with Mallory. "I...yeah, I know it's not the right time to say this but,  I had a crush on you since the first time I bumped into you at this party..."

And that was the one thing I didn't wanted to hear.

"I...Jessie...I like you a lot and I find you attractive otherwise I wouldn't have kissed you..."

"But ?"

I sighed slightly cause I felt bad for doing this.

"But, I can't right know, I can't be for you what you want me to be... I like you, but im scared that if we start something right know, it ends up with me making you suffer and believe me it's the last thing I want for you. And I need to focus on my career and only that for now..." I said, feeling stressed out about her answer, cause I didn't want to lose her friendship.

"I understand...but please slow down with soccer, your young Madi, we're young, we need to enjoy our life !" She said stroking my cheeks. At the same time her flight was called out.

"I know..." a little bit annoyed that everybody thought that I was giving to much to soccer.

She kissed me one more time and left.