Fight for her

"Hey sweetie !" Mom said.

"Hiii" I said.

"What are you doing ?"

"I'm watching Pretty Little Liars, I never had the time to finish it." She nodded. "What do you want ?"

"I made pancakes, so if you want to come down and eat some you can !" As she said that I jumped on my feet and followed her downstairs.
I was about to walk in the kitchen when I felt arms lifting me up.

"Tobiiiin !" I shouted. She put me down and I hugged her. "When did you get here ?" I didn't see her since thanksgiving cause she went to spend time with her family.

"I got here not long ago." She put her arm around my shoulder and led me to the kitchen. "Let's eat some pancakes."

We sat around the table, ate pancakes and talked.

"How are your parents ?" Mom asked Tob.

"Their doing great ! They asked me where we are doing Christmas and I said we're celebrating with your family this year, right ?"

Urgf Christmas, never been a big fan of this.

"Yes that's right !" Mom said smiling.

"It's going to be weird." I let go and Mom and Tob looked at me.

"Why are you saying that ?" Mom said concerned.

"It's just... you have become my family in such short time, I even call you mom and it's great but sometimes I forget you have a family to. What if they don't like me ?" I stated and they smiled gently. Mom took my hands in hers.

"First, I told them so much about you that they feel like they know you when they've never even seen you before and secondly if, and I mean if, cause it's not going to happen, if they don't love you, who cares ? What matters is that Tobin and I love you."

(Time skip: 1 week before Christmas.)

I was in my room, wrapping presents for Tob and Mom, when my phone buzzed.

BECCA
Hey, I'm in town for the Holidays wanna grab a coffee w/ me ?

Me
Sorry, I'm busy may be another time.

I didn't talk that much with her since I saw her kiss another girl. I'm just kind of mad at her for not telling me she had a girlfriend. I know it's stupid, but I had feelings for her and I wished she had told me instead of learning it from social media.

I finished what I was doing and decided to call Mal.

"Hi !" She said.

"Hi, guess who's in town ?"

"Humm let me guess.. your ex ?"

"Touché. She asked me to grab a coffee with her."

"What did you say ?"

"I said that I was busy.."

"Listen Madi, I understand that what you saw hurt you but I think you should talk to her. You can't just stop talking to people when they do something that hurt you. You need to at least take the time to explain to them why you are giving them the cold shoulder."