I'm dead

Madi POV:

"Ok so what does college look like ? Is it like what they show in the movies ? Like, do you hook up with a ton of boys ?" I asked Jessie and she chuckled.

"No, and even if it was, I wouldn't go for boys !" She said and I looked at her surprised. I wouldn't have taken her for the lesbian type, but at the same time my gaydar never functions well.

"No way ! Another one." I said putting my hand up for her to high five. She gave me one and laughed.

"You're so weird." She said laughing and I chuckled. Silence took place and I could read on her face that she wanted to ask me something.

"Go on ask me." I said, and she raised her eyebrows like she was surprised of what I said. "Come on I know you wanna ask, so ask." I said with a slight smile.

"Ok if you're sure... Why did you run out of the party ?" She asked and I sighed, reminding myself the events of tonight.

"It's complicated... But I... long story short, I told Kristie that I liked her and it turned out she has a girlfriend..." I said looking down.

"I'm sorry, but hey" she said rising my chin up. "Life is made of ups and downs, Things like that happens and someday you'll find someone who will love you like you deserve and you'll forget all about that. So lift your head up."  She said and I knew she was right but I just never felt like that because of someone before. I really, really, really thought that something would've happened with Kristie. I thought about her so much that I've never considered that she could've had a girlfriend. I guess I'm just disappointed and angry at myself... but anyway there's nothing I can do now, I just need to move on and like Jessie said maybe someday I'll forget about all that and find someone new.

"You're right...Do you want to swing ?" I said pointing to the two swings behind her, changing completely the subject and causing her to look sadly at me. "Come on I just want to have fun ! It's not a little heartbreak that's gonna stop me. Plus, I've already forgotten about it." I lied, she shrugged, and we made our way to the swings.

MAL POV:

"I'm tired." Rose yawned.

"Me too and still no sign of her." Lindsey yawned too.

"It's also been a long time since Kristie left, do you think Rachel killed her ?" Em said and I rolled my eyes. Lindsey who was besides her hit the back of her head.

"Stop thinking everyone's dead dude." Lindsey said.

"I'm going to call Alex." I said.

"She's going to kill you." Em said.

"Doesn't help." Lindsey said hitting again the back of Em's head.

"Stop hitting me !" Em replied.

MADI POV:

Jessie and I were having a good time, we were competing to see who could go higher.

"I totally won." I said, coming down of the swing.

"Don't be ridiculous, I went higher than you ! My foot touched the branch !" She said.

"Cause your legs are longer than mine." I said, she looked at me and laughed.

"So you're admitting that I went higher than you ?" She asked smirking.

"No-" She cut me off by tickling me. "Stop." I laughed and backed away at the same time to escape her tickles. But as I stepped back, I stumbled. I tried to hold on to Jessie's arm but couldn't and fell backwards, ending with her on top of me.