Untill I see you again

When a good news comes a bad news always follows. The story of my life.

I couldn't move, I couldn't hear, I couldn't cry, I couldn't breath. I was there, in front of this room where I just saw the dead bodies of Lydia and David . Th-they...d-di-died.

2 hours earlier:

"hey hey kiddo I'm sure she's ok. She's probably behind schedule and has no battery to warn you"

"No, it's not that. She would use David's phone. Something happened to her Alex I'm sure. When it comes to me she's never late and always answers her phone.. It's not normal Alex..I'm scared." I was panicking.

"Hey, calm down, I'm here" Alex said. Her hug was slowly calming me down when suddenly I received a call. I looked in hurry at my phone. It was Lydia's mom. I picked it up, she was crying, I couldn't clearly understand what she was trying to say.

"Ok Mme Howard pouvait vous parlez moins vite s'il vous plait, je ne comprends pas ce que vous dites."(ok Mrs Howard could you talk slower please ? I can't understand what you are trying to say.)

"Désolé Madison mais Lydia et David sont décédé dans un accident de voiture cette nuit. L'hopital où elle a été emmené vient de m'appeler pour me l'annoncer. Et vu que je sais que tu était à Cardiff avec elle alors ... je.. je" (Sorry Madison but Lydia and David died in a car accident tonight. The hospital where she was taken gave me a call. And I know you were in Cardiff with her so...I...I" She started crying again and me, I was shocked. Alex was trying to understand what was happening .

"Madison peut tu aller voir à l'hôpital si c'est bien ma fille. Je t'en supplie, peut-être qu'ils se sont trompés... Madison ? Madison tu es toujours là ?"(Madison could you go to the hospital and see if it's my daughter. I'm begging you, there is still a chance that they've made a mistake... Madison ? Madison are you still there ?"

"Je.. Je..Oui.." (I..I...Yes). That was all I could say to Mrs Howard before she thanked me and hung up. I looked back with an empty look and said " They died."

"Wh-What ? Madi.. who died ?"

"Lydia and David.. They died." I mumbled. Alex looked at me shocked and then hugged me. I didn't hug her back. I wasn't feeling anything.

"I need to go to the hospital" I said.

"Yeah ok.. I will take you. Let's go" She said.

---- ---- ---- ----

(Present time)

"They're really dead" I said to Alex whitout looking at her.

"I know kiddo..I know" She said patting my shoulders.

ALEX POV:

I didn't know Madi for a very long time but I can say that the way she's acting scared me for her. When we talked yesterday I could tell that she doesn't like to talk about her life or her feelings but she still managed to talk to me about her life, even if I know that it was just a little part of it.

But right now, I don't know what she is thinking. She is not showing anything.

"I have to call Lydia's mom to tell her." Madi said to me. I can't let her do that. I mean I shouldn't have let her alone in this room in the first place.

"I will do it Madi. You've done enough for tonight. But first we are going to go back to my hotel ok? We will go to yours tomorow to take your stuff." She nodded and got inside my car.

We arrived to my room. Madi hands me her phone and said "Thank you Alex for being here."

"Always kiddo and you know you can cry, it's human. I'm not gonna judge you." she sighed

"I know Alex...I know" She mumbled

"Ok..Well go get some rest I'm gonna call Mrs Howard."

I was going to diall Mrs Howards when I remembered that even if I spent practically a year in France I'm still not comfortable with the language. So I went back to where Madi was.

"Madi.. Madi.."I said whispering.

"Yeah..." She said with a sleepy voice.

"Humm, sorry for disturbing your sleep but does Mrs Howard talk English ? I mean she's living in England so she's suppos-"

Madi smiled and said "Yes Alex."

"Ok, great then." I smiled back but she was already sleeping. Poor kid. She must have had a terrible life and this doesn't fix anything. At least I made her smile.

So I called Lydia's mom. I'm not going to lie it was horrible. How can you be ok after you learn this ? Anyway, after this call which lasted at least more than an hour it was time for me to sleep a little.

MADI POV:

I woke up in a hotel room. I didn't know where I was or why I was here till I saw Alex sleeping in the bed next to mine. All of what happened yesterday came back to my mind. It wasn't a nightmare, Lydia and David are really dead...

"Hey kiddo, you're ok ?" Alex said with a sleepy voice.

"Yeah. You ?"

"Yes."

We got up, got dressed and got down to eat. We didn't talk much, I was glad that Alex wasn't pushing me to talk to her. Once we finished eating, Alex and I went back to her room for her to pack her stuff. I helped her and we took her car to the hotel where I was staying with Lydia before.. you know.

We arrived at the hotel, we took the elevator, we were standing in front of my room door.

"You want me to do it ?" Alex asked

"Yes please."

She took the keys of the room from my hands and openned the doors.

"You think you can come in ?" Alex asked me

"I.. yes, it's ok."

We entered the room. I packed my stuff and Alex packed Lydia's. I couldn't do it.

"Do you want.. maybe to take something that belonged to her ?" Alex Said

I shrugged. Then I saw the necklace that she always weared. "I think, I'm gonna take this."

Alex nodded and we left the hotel.

"What now ?" I asked Alex.

"Now ? Your new life begins. You are going to call Rory to tell him you accepted his offer but then we are going to your foster care so that they can give me a paper that says that you're gonna be on my watch in the US till your 18th birthday."

"Thank you Alex for not giving up on me." I said to her. I was happy but I was not able to show that, I can't, Lydia just died, I can't be happy.

WOOOOW A NEW CHAPTER AGAIN ! I was inspired today ! I hope you enjoyed this chapter and that you can't wait to see how Madis' life will be now.