Explanations

"What did she say ?" I asked Mal.

"Do you want me to read it ?"

"Yes, go on !" I said a little louder than I wanted.

"Geez girl calm do-"

"Mallory !"

"Ok ok ! She said : Hi Madison I'm sorry for letting you on read all night I was just trying to forget about you for one night and enjoy the party. Believe me I tried hard, really hard to not think about you and maybe I took things farther than what I wanted.. anyway I don't want to explain all that through a simple text, so if you could call me when you have time.. please ?" She finished and looked up at me. I had an empty glare.

"You're ok ?" Mal said worried by my silence.

"What did she mean by « I took things farther than I wanted » ? Did she.. you know.. hook up with someone ? I-I mean we're not together so she has the rights but.. I thought..I mean..I-"

She put her palm up in front of my face "Ok ok stop that. Like you said you're not together, plus can I remind you that you were totally STARING at Kristie the other night !" She sighed. " Do you like her ?"

"Kristie ? I mean I don't know her bu-"

"No dumbass Rebecca !" Oh of course she was talking about Becca what was I thinking !?

"Uh yes I know you were talking about her, I was just messing with you." I said and she chuckled.

"You're unbelievable too you know ?" I shyly smiled at her in response. There was a silence, then I signed in exasperation.

"I don't know what to do Mal, I'm so lost. I know I like Becca otherwise I wouldn't have kissed her you know ? But she's a girl.. I'd never been with a girl before and these feelings I might have for her scares the hell out of me."

"Why ?"

"I don't know, I just never felt this way before." I put my head in my hands and looked at Mal.

"You could talk about that with someone who's been through that." She looked at her phone. "Ok we will continue this discussion later, we have to go if we don't want Alex and Christen to kill us." I nodded and we left Starbucks.

—————

We arrived at the Hotel and joined the others at the diner room. I wasn't hungry, surely because I had to call Becca and that was stressing me out. I made my way to Christen who was seating at her table, I hugged her from behind and rested my head on her shoulder. I really needed to hug her, it always makes me feel better.

"Oh you're back sweety." She said putting her hand on my arms which were around her neck. "You're okay ?"

"Yes I'm just not very hungry, I think I'm going to go to sleep if that is ok ?" I whispered to her.

"Yes sure." I kissed her cheek and was ready to leave when Alex called me out.

"I'm not allowed to have a hug too ?" She faked a pout. I chuckled and went to kiss her good night." At least eat a fruit before going to bed Madi."

"I don't want to." I said. She looked at me with a pointed look. I knew that I had no choice but to do what I was told.

"Ok." I sighed. I took an Apple and looked towards Mallory. As I did that I met eyes with Kristie who was sitting in front of Mal. I think she was already looking at me... No Madi you probably imagined it. I smiled at her and walked out of the diner room.
I was eating my apple and waiting for the elevator when someone came next to me.