Pizza time

I had finished my lunch and was in my room calling Kristie and Mal on FaceTime. I saw their heads appear on my screen and immediately smiled.

"Hi guys !!" I said smiling widely.

"Hi !" Kristie and Mal said.

"Why didn't you call last night ?" Mal asked me. I didn't answer and I think Mal saw that I was a bit uncomfortable because a couple of seconds later she had a shock expression on her face. "No way ! You did it !" I just shook my head in a yes, asking myself how did she guess that ? Am I so readable ?

"What happened ?" Kristie asked having no clue of what was happening.

"Damn girl that was pretty fast !" Mal said.

"We've been talking to each other on the phone for at least 2 weeks, so I don't think it's that fast." I said and Mal chuckled.

"What was f-...Oh." Kristie said finally understanding the conversation. Her face went blank and I was a bit confused for a first but let it flow.

KRISTIE POV:

Why does it hurt so much ? It's been weeks since I had told Mal that I'd shut down my feelings for Madi and I thought I was doing great but hearing her talking about her girlfriend and what she did with her was too much for me.
So as they were talking about her sex life I decided to mute them and did something else.
At one moment I saw movements on my phone screen, I looked at it and quickly unmuted them.

"Kristie !" Madi shouted.

"What ?" I said.

"Did you mute us ?" Mal questioned me.

"Uh.. I-." I sighed desperately."Sorry guys I- yes..."

"Why did you do that ? " Madi asked.

"I-I'm sorry, really, but you were talking about your sex life with Becca and I really didn't want to hear about it."

"But why ?.. you're my friend no ?" Madi frowned.

It would have been the perfect opportunity for me to tell her how I felt about her, but I didn't. Instead I did worst.

"I am but you always talk about Becca and..we are not close enough for you to tell me all about your sex life." I said more rudely than I wanted. Madi's jaw dropped and I immediately regretted what I said. "I didn't mea-" before I could say anything Madi hung off. I was left with Mal who was looking at me with big eyes.

"Fuck !" I shouted.

"Wow well done Kris ! Why did you say that ?" Mal said laughing nervously.

"You know why I said that."

"Yes I know, but why did you say that like that ? What you said meant the exact opposite of what you think !"

"Believe me I know Mal. Anyway, maybe it's better this way."

"What ? No ! She don't even know why you said that ! Kris you mean a lot to her, it's going to eat her up ! You need to tell her you love her."

"Love is a big word."

"Oh come on Kris !"

"She has a girlfriend Mal. Anyway I-I'm gonna go."