The beginning of a new life

Yesterday, I called Rory to tell him that I accepted his offer, then Alex and I went to my foster care. She's officially became my legal guardian. Now we're at the airport waiting for our flight to Chicago. Alex called Christen to ask her if she was okay with us spending a few days at her house and Christen kindly accepted.

"The passengers of Flight 33216 to Chicago are called to board."

"It's ours, let's go." Alex said getting up.

I followed her. Then we boarded on the plane and waited for it to take off.  I never took the plane in my entire life and it stressed me out but I didn't want Alex to know that i was scared because she would make fun of me.

The plane began to move, and i was scared, really scared.  As soon as it started taking off I took and squeezed Alex's hand.

"Protect me old lady !" I said with my eyes closed.

"Aoutch my hand Madi, let go of me !" Alex said.

I opened my eyes and realized that I was gripping Alex's hand really hard. I let go of her hand, looked at her and burst into laughter when i saw her looking at her hand. She burst into laugther too.

"I'm glad to see you laugh Madi" Alex said.

"Yeah me too at least I didn't pay attention to the plane taking off." I said with a little smile.

I looked through the plane window and started to think of Lydia. Great, now i feel bad for laughing. Ok Madison stop thinking and start sleeping.

After nine long hours in the air we landed in Chicago. Damn I'm in the US. Alex told me that Christen is supposed to come take us.

Alex and I then headed to the place where luggages are picked up. After picking up our luggages, Alex and I looked for Christen in the airport, when suddenly Alex said: "She's there!". Alex rushed to Christen and hugged her. When I saw Christen I was shocked. I never thought I would see her so closely one day.

ALEX POV:

I was happy to see Chris, It's been a long time. I hugged her and saw Madi shocked besides me.

"So Chris, this is Madison, Madi this is Chri-"Madi cut me off.

"Christen Press" She said looking at Chris with big eyes.

"Nice to meet you Madi !" Chris said.

"Uhh... Y-yeah me too." Madi said timidly. She seems really impressed by Chris right now.

"Ok, Let's go home, you must be starving." Chris said with a big smile across her face.

(Few hours later)

We arrived at Chris's house and had some diner. Dinner went well and Madi talked more. She talked about the fact that Chris was her favorite player and that she always dreamed of having a US jersey with Chris's name on it. But she never managed to find one in France because the only two names that could be floated there were mine and Tobin's. I felt a little betrayed at first, but then I saw how happy she was to talk to Chris, that I didn't tease her about it. After bonding, we went to sleep.

The next day, everything was going well until Chris gave Madi one of her jerseys. She was super happy, but suddenly her face changed and she seemed sad. She apologized and went to her room.

"What happenned ? Did I say or do something wrong?" Chris said worrying.

"No don't worry. She did the same in the plane earlier. We were laughing then she became less happy and more pensive"I said looking towards the stairs.