Coffee Confidences

"Hey sweety, wake up." Christen said while she was running her fingers through my hair. I slowly woke up and looked at Christen who was already suit up. "Good morning" she smiled.

"humm good morning.. Where's Alex ?" I said stretching.

"She is getting ready in the bathroom."

"Ok..and Chris Do you think that I can practice with you today ? Rory said that I had to stay in shape and training with the best team in the world, after France of course, could help me to stay in shape." She rolled her eyes at what I said.

"Yes, I'm sure Jill and Dawn won't mind. But a word of advice, don't ever say that France is a better team than we are. "

"Or what ?" I said defiantly.

"Or this." Alex said while she came out of the bathroom. She grabbed me and I couldn't move. She mouthed something to Christen and Christen approached me and started tickling me. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

"Say USA is the best." Chris said.

"NO!..Stop please !" I said laughing.

"Come on Maddi, say it and I'll release you !" Alex said.

CHRISTEN POV:

"Ok ok ok I will say it but stop please, I can't breath." Alex and I stopped what we were doing. Maddi stood up trying to catch her breath. We waited for her to say it but she quickly ran towards the bathroom yelling "FRANCE IS BETTER THAN USA".

"She got us didn't she ?" Alex said.

"Just wait till she realizes she didn't take any clothes." I replied. A couple of seconds later Madi came out of the bathroom with a guilty look. She took some clothes and smiled weirdly at us before going back to the bathroom. Once she was in we heard her sing the French national anthem.

"She's something else." Alex said smiling.

"She definitely is."

——————

MADISON POV:

We ate breakfast and it was now time for training. I asked Jill earlier and she agreed to let me train with the team.

We went to the field and Dawn gave us some exercises. I'm not gonna lie they were really hard. I wasn't used to this but I managed to do it great..I think. Then Jill asked us to pair up and make some passes with the ball. I looked around me and everyone seemed to have a partner so I decided to sit down next to the field.
I was drinking my water and looking at the US team do their work when I felt someone behind me. I turn around and saw Dawn who was looking at me.

"Shouldn't you be on the field right now ?"She said.

"They all have a Partner." I said.

"And ?"

"And...I don't want to disturb any of them in their work. And I'm good here what you made us do earlier killed me." She looked intensively at me. "Dawn stop starring at me like that I'm not even in the team, why do you even care if I don't do all the training ?"

"Madi, let me tell you something." She knelt down besides me. "What you see in front of you are athletes, and if you ever want to get to the same level as these girl" she pointed to Carli who was shooting towards Ashlyn's goal. "You have to practice hard. Plus your only 17 and you're already playing on a professional team. My point, Madi, is that you're very lucky to be here, so go practice now, If you want to be the best.. and also because nobody stays on the edge of the field here."

"Ok." I sighed. She tapped me in the back and I walked on the field. I heard Mallory shout my name while she came running towards me.

"Hey Madi ! Still good for the Starbucks later ?" She asked.