Welcome to the family

"Do you have everything?" Mom asked me.

"Normally, yes." I said while looking if I hadn't forgotten anything.

"Passport?" Toby asked.

"Yup." I said.

"Ok, let's go then!" Mom said.

—————

"Wake up, we landed." Mom said, shaking me a little, I grunted and rubbed my eyes. I followed her and Tobin out of the airport, and we headed to the Press House. As we walked in we were greeted by two people who I guess was Mom's parents.

"Hi, you must be Madison." The woman said.

"Yes t-that's me..." I said timidly, handing her my hand.

"Don't be silly, give me a hug." She hugged me and I didn't know what to do at first but I hugged her back and it felt like it was the usual. "You can call me Stacy or grandma, whichever your most comfortable with." She said and I nodded.

"It's the same for me either Cody or grandpa !" He said and hugged me.

Ok, that went better than what I thought.

"Madison, come with me, I will show you your room." Stacy said and I followed her upstairs.
She opened the door at the end of the stairs and walked in. I walked in as well, looked around the room and saw pictures of younger Christen on the wall.

"This is mo-Christen's old bedroom ?" I said.

"Yes, it is... You know, I know you call her mom." She said, sitting on the edge of the bed.

"You don't find it weird? I mean I'm not her biological daughter and I'm not a part of your family, so I understand if it feels weird." She looked at me with big eyes.

"Don't say things like that Madison. You're a part of this family-"

"Yes, you're stuck with us forever now!" Tyler, my mom's sister, shouted as she walked past the room and Stacy and I chuckled.

"You know the day you called her mom, she immediately called me and told me how happy she was." She said and I smiled. I unpacked my stuff while talking to grandma.

Christen POV:

I was in the kitchen with my dad and Tob wondering what my mom and Madi has been doing all this time.

"I'm going to check on Madi and I'll be right back." I said and they nodded.
I went upstairs to find my mom and my sisters laughing with Madi.

"What are you laughing at ?" I said raising an eyebrow.

They all turned towards me.

"We are just telling Madi embarrassing stories about you." Tyler said.

"No matter what they told you, it's not true !" I said and I saw them laugh.

"Is that you and Kelley ?" Madi asked and I approached to get a better look at the photo.

"Yes... it's from a long time ago when we were at Stanford together !" I said.

"Damn ! I didn't know you two knew each other back then." She said and I smacked the back of her head.

"Language young lady." I warned her.