two

i just want
someone to love me

14 February 2021

HANEUL
hey, where are u?
are u on the way?
» sent 7:15PM

the food's cold...
» sent 7:50PM

HANEUL
heeseung, I've been waiting in this restaurant for 2 hours.

HEESEUNG
holy shit I just saw your message

haneul, I'm so sorry I completely forgot about our date today

HANEUL
you forget all the time.
you even forgot about my birthday.

HEESEUNG
I've been busy with school, i'm swamped with projects and assignments.
i'm really sorry han.

HANEUL
tell me the truth.

HEESEUNG
haneul, I'm not lying.

HANEUL
do you know what day it is today?

HEESEUNG
it's Valentine's. i know haneul.

HANEUL
it's Valentine's, it's our anniversary and the last day of my visit here.

heeseung, I juggled school and my part-time job just so I could buy a plane ticket to you.

HEESEUNG
i'm sorry.

HANEUL
i know about misun.

HEESEUNG
your brother told me he'd give me the chance to tell you. now you know i guess.

HANEUL
no, jay told me.
wow, so even my brother knew.

HEESEUNG
haneul, what do you expect from me?
we're young, we're far away from each other. i miss you but you're out of my reach.

HANEUL
you didn't have to cheat on me? you could've told me you needed a break, I'm exhausted too.

we could've tried again. i would've understood.

HEESEUNG
it's not an excuse, I know I'm at fault.
it's just.. misun filled the void in my heart that came after months of your absence

HANEUL
there's not much for me to say anymore heeseung. I hope you're happier.

HEESEUNG
i loved you, haneul.

HANEUL
i still love you.
» seen 9:04PM

Lee Heeseung, the Sim Twins' best friend and Haneul's first love. High school sweethearts was the correct term to describe the pair. Before the Sim Family moved to Japan at the end of 2019, Heeseung had foolishly asked Haneul to be his.

They were fools together, trying to distinguish right and wrong in their relationship despite the distance apart. Although Haneul understood their relationship was bound to break, she couldn't let go of him. Maybe it was because Heeseung and Haneul spent those two years trying to prove to everyone that they could do it — or simply because they were really in love.

It was the juvenileness and naivety of it all.

It was never meant to last, it was just another lesson learnt in a world where you can't have everything.

So as Haneul boarded the plane back to Japan that very night, so did her shattered heart. It was the third time she visited in 2 years. In those 2 years, she saw her first love once. She stayed for only 2 days every time she visited, in those 2 years she saved and worked hard for a plane ticket.

It was all for him. She tried to make it work, she really tried. All she wanted was to love someone —for someone to love her.

Unfortunately, nothing ever worked out in  Haneul's favour. At least that's what she believed in.