thirty-six

even falling with you is beautiful

Upon reaching the rooftop, a million thoughts raced through Haneul's mind the moment she set her eyes on the red shrine gate. Her eyes tinted with determination and her heart laced with certainty as she ran towards the shrine gate.

The gate in which she found Sunghoon walk through, where she witnessed him offer his soul to The Heavens. The day he took on the role of a Weather Boy, was the day Haneul met him again.

She should've known.

Jumping onto the steps, Haneul closed her eyes shut before taking a leap of faith into the unknown— leaving her life at the mercy of The Heavens.

This time as she entered the shrine gate, Haneul prayed for him— for her Sunshine Boy.

Please don't take anymore from us, and please don't give anymore. I choose him, I choose Sunghoon.

"Sunghoon!" A faint voice screamed into the abyss of clouds and blueness.

Haneul.

Upon hearing the familiar voice resonate throughout the entire sky that surrounded him, Sunghoon's eyes and body shot up from his restless slumber. Looking around him, the raven-haired boy desperately searched for her.

"Park Sunghoon!" Her voice called out much clearer this time.

He hoped that it wasn't a trick of God or his mind that he was hearing Haneul's crystal clear voice; he hoped that he wasn't dreaming or hearing things.

And sometimes, hope was a good thing— for there came Haneul, in the clutches of a school of water fishes levitating her scrambling body around.

"Haneul!" Sunghoon called back out as he ran across the widespread plot of grass that was deemed as his new home. "Grab my hand!" Haneul screamed out as she stretched her arm out frantically.

Exhaling a sharp breath, Sunghoon leaped off from the cloudburst he ran on before reaching out for Haneul's hand. Both youths now falling from the sky as they desperately tried to grab ahold of each other.

"What are you doing here?! Your showcase is today, the sunshine is back-"

"Those things aren't important right now! All I see is you— all I need is you! I choose you Sunghoon, I'll choose you again and again over anything else!" Haneul yelled out as she struggled to dive closer to Sunghoon.

As he fell further away from her, Sunghoon's eyes watered with tears which threatened to stream down. He was vulnerable and afraid of everything and everyone, that the weather would return to its disastrous state.

"But the weather, the rain! Haneul, Tokyo will suffer because of me! Y-You'll suffer... Sunghoon trailed off as he gazed into her tearful eyes; those eyes he came to love and find comfort in.

"Fuck that! Who cares if we don't see the sunshine again? As long as I have you, I don't care about the weather!" Haneul cried out before finally grabbing a hold of his outstretched arm.

Pulling him towards her while defying the laws of gravity, Haneul wrapped her arms around Sunghoon as she cried into the crook of his neck. Allowing his tears to fall, a small smile appeared on Sunghoon's face as he tightly wrapped his arms around Haneul's waist.

His raging heart finally at ease, both teens crying their hearts out as they fell through a cloudburst; in which purple lightning bolts struck the certain cloud briefly.

"I want you more than any blue sky, the weather can go crazy for all I care," Haneul said clearly and loud enough for Sunghoon to hear.

"Pray for yourself, Sunghoon. It's time you choose yourself over me or anyone else. Whatever the outcome or the odds, I'll be here with you," Haneul continued as she faced the boy she grew to love.

Pressing their foreheads together, Sunghoon chuckled softly before closing his eyes with a contented smile. With her hands in his, Sunghoon prayed one last time.

This time, he prayed for himself.

I'll be okay— as long as I'm with her, everything will be okay.

It's time to let go of this role, it's time to live my life as Park Sunghoon.