twenty-eight

The following day, Haneul and Sunghoon were back to their usual routines. Though, the only difference was that Sunghoon was given a day off from editing and researching. Sadly, that meant that he was left pacing about the Sim Household wondering what he could do on his off day.

"Say Mrs. Sim, where did you get that rose necklace from?" Sunghoon randomly asked, unable to think of anything else after lazing about for 3 hours. He could easily hang out with Mrs. Sim but the classy lady was unfortunately, still busy with work.

Sunghoon figured it wouldn't hurt to play random trivia questions (that's a lie, it actually hurt. Mrs. Sim was just being patient with the bored kid).

"Well, a person dear to me got this for me when we were 19. We were watching The Fireworks Festival in 1995, we were best friends then," Mrs. Sim briefly answered as she typed away on her laptop.

Sitting up abruptly from his slouched position, Sunghoon's eyes shot up as an idea popped up to mind. "The Festival's in 3 days!" Sunghoon exclaimed before scrambling for his phone, wallet and umbrella.

"Where are you going?" Mrs. Sim asked curiously as she watched the boy struggle to wear his shoes in a hurry. "You just gave me an idea! I'll be back in 2 hours!" Sunghoon beamed before bidding goodbye to Mrs. Sim.

Shaking her head in amusement, Mrs. Sim fiddled with the silver rose pendant before sighing deeply. Before Mr. Sim, there was Park Dongchul; her best friend and the person who showed her her worth. He was the one who gifted her the elegant piece of jewellery.

"He's just like you Chul,"

Buying a gift for women was harder than Sunghoon expected it to be. Yes, the grand idea Sunghoon envisioned was to buy a simple yet, charming silver bracelet for Haneul.

However, the Weather Boy didn't expect to be overwhelmed with the many choices of jewellery encased by glass boxes.

"Good afternoon! May I be of assistance?" One of the sales staff asked cheerfully. Glancing up at the saleswoman who seemingly, looked younger than him, Sunghoon shook his head.

"I'll keep looking around! Thanks for offering... Jihyun!" Sunghoon responded kindly after reading her name tag.

I should ask Jake or Jay... Sunghoon thought to himself before fishing out his phone from his pocket.

SMEXY 02z

3 members

SUNGHOON
emergency meeting now pls

JAY
that doesn't sound urgent thus, I will not be participating in this emergency meeting

JAKE
HELLO

SUNGHOON
HELLO jake u're the only one :(

JAY
MF??

I stopped Vincenzo for ur dumbass, make it quick

SUNGHOON
so, I'm buying a gift for haneul but I'm overwhelmed with the great amount of jewellery and designs here 😁

JAKE
GET HER A RING
onion rings to be precise 😍

SUNGHOON
JAKE

JAY
no no, he's got a point 🤪

JAKE
OR THOSE CANDY POP RINGS LMFAOOOO

JAY
YEA THOSE STRAWBERRY-MEDICINE FLAVOURED ONES

JAKE
cos hannie's not like ✨other girls✨

JAY
PURR 💅

SUNGHOON
ABSOLUTELY USELESS

GOODBYE

Contemplating harder, Sunghoon knew Riki wouldn't be the best person to ask either (seeing that the boy spends most of his money on food). That ultimately left him to one person, though it was a risk worth taking if he were to converse with him.

However, Sunghoon believed his accomplice understood the reason behind his disappearance. After all, they were cousins.

SUNGHOON
hi

JUNGWON
don't 'hi' me u little shit

SUNGHOON
technically I'm taller

JUNGWON
😁🔪 u were saying 😁🔪

SUNGHOON
I'm sorry won :(

JUNGWON
u ran away again and u didn't even tell me this time! it's a whole mess here! where did u go???

SUNGHOON
I'm actually in Japan rn 🧍‍♀️

JUNGWON
WHAT

SUNGHOON
I know I know, I'll fill u in later I promise
right now, I need ur help.

JUNGWON
fine, as long as u're happy and safe.
what do u need help with?

SUNGHOON
I'm getting a gift for this girl but I can't choose between getting a bracelet, ring or necklace 😁

JUNGWON
ARE YOU KIDDING ME I THOUGHT U NEEDED HELP TO FLEE JAPAN OR SMTG

BUT U'RE OUT HERE GIFT SHOPPING FOR A GIRL ASDFGHJKLF

SUNGHOON
JUSTHELPMEOUT