eleven

is your bedroom ceiling bored?

JAKE
hannie it's almost 12:30AM

HANEUL
open the door for me

JAKE
open it urself

HANEUL
i brought home a boy and he may/may not have collapsed outside our door

JAKE
WHAT?! WAIT A BOY? COLLAPSE-
do the birth givers know?!

HANEUL
yes they know u're having a sleepover with a friend😁

JAKE
but I'm not...

HANEUL
too bad, u're gonna have one rn
OPEN THE DAMN DOOR

"Who the hell is he?!" Jake whisper-yelled upon seeing the subconscious and unfamiliar boy slung around his sister.

"Let's just say he's your best friend okay? His name is Sunghoon," Haneul sarcastically replied before finally entering her humble abode.

"Sung what?!"

"Haneul! Jake! What happened to your friend?!" Mrs. Sim exclaimed worriedly upon the sight of Sunghoon's current state.

Frantically eyeing his sister, Jake pranced nervously around the room as he was unable to recognise the boy Haneul brought home. "He got caught on the way here Mum! I was going out to get snacks and found his dumbass along the way," Haneul spoke quickly.

"Water please..." Sunghoon asked quietly as he tried to regain his composure. Unfortunately, his legs gave up on him again before collapsing in Haneul's arms.

"That boy needs a change of clothes and fluids! Poor dear looks malnourished! I'll get a soup going, while the both of you clean him up," Mrs. Sim ordered her children before heading into their kitchen.

Once their mother was out of their sight, Jake and Haneul immediately did as they were told. From getting Sunghoon to change into a fresh set of clothes, to wiping off the evident grime on parts of his body. Upon caring for their new and sudden guest, Jake can't help but feel a sense of familiarity around Sunghoon.

Most importantly, he couldn't help but notice the brief exchange of glances and soft mumbles between his sister and the boy.

"Jake! Come to the kitchen and help me!" Mrs. Sim called from the kitchen, interrupting Jake from his thoughts.

"You owe me an explanation Hannie," Jake smirked as he extended out his pinky finger to his twin. Smiling cheekily in response, Haneul linked her pinky with Jake's before nodding curtly. "Thank you Jakey,"

As her twin brother left for the kitchen, Haneul diverted back her attention to Sunghoon, who lay tiredly on their living room sofa. "So you ran away from home huh," Haneul spoke softly in disbelief.

"For good reasons. Look, Haneul I appreciate you trying to help me but I'll only be a burden to you and your family," Sunghoon spoke grimly, sitting up to face the brunette.

"You need money don't you? A job? We may have just met today, but you're one stubborn kid Sunghoon. At least let me help? To make it up to you for crying in the plane last week," Haneul bombarded the boy with questions and reasons to stay.

Gazing into her brown orbs, Sunghoon found it difficult to refuse her again. This time, his mind and vision were clearer due to the fact the twins bundled his shivering body in blankets.

"You seem like you have enough problems to deal with, you don't need to help a stranger like me you fool," Sunghoon said firmly, yet he found himself melting into whatever hypnotic gaze Haneul's eyes held.

"But what if I want to know you better? Will we still be strangers then?"