fifteen

a sleeping blue secret

"You're taking this job a little too seriously aren't you?"

Before the unlikely duo, was a quaint little shop located in the back buildings of Tokyo, away from the bustling street of people. Glancing excitedly at Haneul, the ecstatic boy pulled her into the shop without another word.

A fortune-telling shop at that.

"Sunghoon, how the hell are we going to get information on the weather here?!" Haneul asked, appalled at the absurdity of it all.

"We just need clarity Haneul," Sunghoon responded before reaching one of the booths. Before the duo was a fairly young boy holding a book, his eyes lighting up at the sight of his customers.

"Ah, I'm assuming you're the kid who called me an hour ago," the young boy snickered mischievously before motioning the pair to take their seats.

Raising a brow in confusion, Sunghoon looked around in search for someone else but was instead, pulled down to his chair by Haneul. "There was a woman on the phone though?" Sunghoon questioned.

"Your energy's making me gloomy," the young boy sneered as he shifted his attention between Sunghoon and Haneul.

"Look here kid, the idiot beside me thought it was smart to ask a fortune-teller about Tokyo's absurd weather-"

"Look here peach cheeks, my name is Riki, and that idiot beside you indeed came to the right person," Riki retorted back sassily before sitting back on his chair.

Clenching tightly onto her notepad, Haneul fumed internally upon the snarky boy's attitude and response. "Okay then Riki, what can you tell us about the weather?" Sunghoon politely asked, nudging Haneul's knee softly in attempt to calm her.

Smirking mischievously at Sunghoon, Riki lazily pointed a finger at the raven-haired boy. "You, my friend, are the sole reason why our weather's gone to shit,"

"Not only do you pray for the sunshine, but you're the mere cause of it?" Haneul spoke in shock, sitting across Sunghoon in one of the many cafés in Tokyo's town area.

Staring into space while Sunghoon drank his Iced Americano, the boy only nodded his head curtly. "I'm a walking curse everywhere I go," Sunghoon sighed before looking at Haneul.

"But you're able to do both! Bringing the rain with your feelings and the sunshine back by praying, you're literally a walking blessing Sunshine," Haneul exclaimed.

"Sheesh, for a crybaby you certainly know how to make one feel less shitty about themselves," Sunghoon said, a small smile forming before looking out at the raining night sky.

"Thanks to that infant, Riki, I'm pretty sure there's nothing for you to worry or feel insecure about," Haneul softly said.

As she silently admired the boy across her, Haneul only felt a sense of comfort and sureness around Sunghoon. It was a feeling any individual would feel if they were unknowingly, falling in love for someone— a sense of healing and certainty.

"Do you believe in love, Sunshine?" Haneul suddenly asked, catching Sunghoon off guard.

Taking another sip of his drink, Sunghoon gazed into Haneul's deep-set eyes before looking away again. He too, felt the same certainty and comfort around Haneul; a feeling felt as though he could empathise with her.

"Love is a complex thing that I very much believe in, especially if it's something only you and your other half understand,"