twenty-five

While Haneul was left to ponder about how she genuinely felt about Sunghoon, the raven-haired boy had locked himself in his room away from The Sim family and Jay.

As mentioned before, Sunghoon wanted to fix the weather situation as much as he could. He wanted to make sure that he didn't miss out on any opportunity to pray for the sunshine. Accounting for Jake's request in hopes to meet his new friend, Sunghoon went inside his room and prayed.

Though this time, there was a resisting power that surrounded him as he prayed— a resisting force that sucked out all the energy in Park Sunghoon just for good weather. Frankly, Sunghoon was exhausted after successfully bringing back their lost summer.

Riki was right, this is a curse, Sunghoon thought to himself upon seeing the various patches of translucent hues of blues and his reflection on them.

Almost as if it represented puddles of water—on his arms, legs and even on his collarbone.

Needless to say, his heart hurt as well. It was a treacherous feeling in which he felt lonely and depressed after all his energy was drained. Suppressing his tears, Sunghoon inhaled and exhaled deep breaths before changing into a long-sleeved crew neck shirt.

The last thing he needed was Haneul finding out about the factual Weather Boy folklore— that in the near future, he would have to give in to The Heavens.

"Explain to me again why you dragged the 3 of us to a taiyaki café when we both know you don't like red bean," Haneul questioned upon sitting across her twin brother.

"It stopped raining! Besides, I told you we'll be meeting my new friend today! We met through football after Jay ditched me for some girl," Jake pouted before leaning his head on Sunghoon's shoulder.

"For the record, it was a meeting for my group project!" Jay retorted back in disbelief upon seeing Jake whine to Sunghoon and Haneul.

"Ugh, why'd you have to be the school's valedictorian?! Group projects are a waste of time! Say Sunghoon, do you play football?" Jake pestered Sunghoon this time, causing everyone at the table to laugh at Jake's enthusiasm.

"Peach cheeks?!" A voice exclaimed from the café's entrance.

Knowing the owner's screeching voice all too well, Sunghoon turned around to face none other than Riki. "Infant?!" Haneul responded in confusion upon seeing the younger boy.

"Riki!" Jake exclaimed happily before embracing the younger boy in a bear hug. "Jake! How do you know peach cheeks and her Sunshine boy? Also hi Angry Bird!" Riki rambled before taking a seat at their table.

"Angry Bird?! Boy I will kick y-"

"Haneul's my twin sister, Sunghoon is her unofficial boyfriend and Jay is Angry Bird!" Jake responded carelessly as he disregarded the protests coming from the said persons.

"He's a brat- you're a brat Riki!" Haneul exclaimed before rambling along with Jay about the unbothered 16 year old boy. While chaos erupted from the Sim Twins and Jay, Riki looked at Sunghoon with a displeased look before motioning to his phone.

True enough, Riki saw the signs— that Sunghoon was slowly losing himself as a proclaimed Weather Boy.

RIKI
I was really hoping you weren't gonna pray today but ur dumbass still did it

SUNGHOON
I can't escape this riki, it's my fate and I have to accept it

RIKI
WHY R WE GOING SO FAST
LEARN TO PPACE URSELF U ASSHOLEJFICJWJD

SUNGHOON
can't u see it's getting worse day by day?! everyone's livelihoods are at stake riki!
I'm that one person who can make it better for them.

RIKI
u're absolutely insane for thinking that being a human sacrifice immediately makes u a HERO

ur life is just as precious as anyone's here in Tokyo so dONTYOUFUCKINGDARESAYANOTHWRPRAYER

SUNGHOON
but everyone's happy that the weather's back to normal, even if it's for a few hours.

aren't u happy it stopped raining?

RIKI
i am happy, the sunshine reminds me of Sunoo.

but please sunghoon, just stop praying and live ur life as u are right now. u're surrounded by people who embraced u as u are.

I can't see someone else end up having the same fate as him so please, let the sky cry for all we care.

SUNGHOON
I'm sorry riki