seven

(can we be friends)?

Sunghoon had no idea what or how he did it, but he brought the sunshine back. For a whole week, he prayed and prayed, practically begging the Heavens to stop the rain. He didn't want the whole of Tokyo to feel his suffering, it was already bad enough in Seoul.

Unbeknownst to him that all he had to do was walk through the shrine; offering himself in exchange for the sunshine.

"What the fuck did you just do?!" a voice exclaimed from behind him.

Stumbling back in shock, Sunghoon snapped his head towards the voice that interrupted his momentary relief. There standing 10 feet away from him was a baffled girl with damp, brunette hair.

"I-I didn't mean to..." Sunghoon stuttered as panic seeped through his veins.

"Didn't mean to what? Stop the rain? I saw what I saw, Sunshine Boy," the girl spoke in a forward tone.

Pursing his lips together, Sunghoon internally cursed before watching the shorter girl approached him. The closer she came, the more familiar she looked. Minus the tear-stained cheeks and puffy eyes, Sunghoon recognised her as the sobbing girl on the plane.

"I'm sorry, but do I know you? Or have I seen you before?" Sunghoon dodged her statement, hoping for clarification that she was the girl on the plane.

Narrowing her eyes at his sleekness, Haneul huffed out in defeat as she stood before his taller figure. "No, you don't know me but yes, you've seen me before,"

"Oh, so you really are the crybaby who was sitting beside me on the plane!" Sunghoon spoke gleefully before dropping his smile.

"And you're the little shit who stopped the rain! I'm assuming you take your showers under the rain too?" Haneul sarcastically responded as she eyed the boy up and down.

Blushing from embarrassment, Sunghoon turned away from the girl before slinging his back over his shoulder. Technically, the girl was right. Aside from getting drenched in the rain, Sunghoon was still wearing the same clothes from the day he met her.

"Not a word to anyone about what you saw," Sunghoon uttered as he pushed past the brunette girl.

Unfortunately, his stomach grumbled loudly as he moved past her, reminding Sunghoon that his only meals that week were water and dry biscuits. After all, he was jobless and homeless.

"So Sunshine Boy, where do you live?" Haneul followed in suit, her curiosity striking her after observing the strange boy.

"Somewhere,"

"Are you even from around here?"

"No, not really,"

"How old are you?"

"I'm 19,"

"What's your name?"

Stopping midway on the rusty staircase, Sunghoon sighed in annoyance before turning to face the girl. Although she was somebody who could potentially help him, what she saw him do was phenomenal.

Phenomenal was bad news to Park Sunghoon. If she brought it up to the media, he would be at a higher risk of being found by his parents.

"If I answer your question, will you leave me alone?" Sunghoon asked irritably, staring into the girl's brown orbs before scanning her features.

He had to admit, she was cute.

"Maybe," the girl responded, her tone bringing him both certainty and uncertainty.

Taking a deep breath, Sunghoon extended out his hand before looking away from the girl.

"I'm Sunghoon,"