three

heartbreak anniversary

Haneul, heartbreak and hurt.

Haneul was hurting, tears streamed down her cheeks as she sniffled away the snot dripping non-stop from her nose. The heartbreak was surreal. A string of those 3 sad words came about to describe the melancholiness of it all.

Her hair was disheveled as her eye bags sunk into her tired complexion.

Was she watching a sad movie? Yes.

Was she still on the plane sitting through a 2 hour journey? Yes.

Was she watching a sad movie while she was still on the plane sitting through a 2 hour journey? That sounds about right.

While it may seem as though no one noticed her emotional ordeal, the only person agitated by her was a young boy who looked similar to Haneul in age.

Yes, he was sitting beside her and no, he was not at ease at all.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your pity party, but would you mind keeping your crying to a minimum? I'm trying to sleep," the boy finally spoke up.

"What, so I'm not allowed to cry now? Jesus, I can't even cry in peace! What else does the world fucking want from me?!" Haneul rambled in response as hot tears continued to stream down her cheeks.

"Woman, I literally asked you to keep it to a minimum. You're sobbing really loudly right now, I don't understand how anyone here in this plane can rest through that!"

Wiping away her tears in agitation, Haneul peeled her eyes off her phone before turning to face the rude boy beside her. Haneul only felt more agitated the moment she looked at the boy's face. Not only because he was obviously judging her, but because he was undeniably attractive.

Nevertheless, she rolled her eyes before blowing her nose loud enough to irritate him. Clearly, the raven-haired boy could tell that the sobbing girl was not in the right state of mind. Admitting defeat to her unconcealed stubbornness, the boy could only sit impatiently throughout the rest of the flight.

He too, was hurting silently; but his longing to hurt in peace was sadly interrupted by the brunette beside him.

It started with a prayer.

He prayed for sunlight in the day and peace in the night; for thunderstorms to quiet down and for lightning bolts to pass. It's been pouring buckets almost everyday in Seoul. Nothing but gloomy skies and slippery roads were what everyone saw daily for the past month.

Park Sunghoon could not stand the rain. He despised the way the ambience of the rain reminded him of his pathetic life. From getting his heart broken by his first love, to ultimately getting kicked out of his home.

What's worse was that he was the cause of Seoul's daily grey skies. Turns out the Heavens didn't seem to get the memo of Sunghoon's prayers.

Instead of granting him sunshine whenever he prayed for it, he was instead granted a cloudburst whenever he cried or felt blue and grey. A cloudburst— a sudden and heavy rainstorm. So as Park Sunghoon internally suffered with his conflicted heart and mind, so did the rest of Seoul.

It's going to be awhile before the raven-haired boy found happiness again. Only then would everyone be granted sunshine again.