twelve

falling asleep at 3:37AM

"You need me just as much as I need you," Haneul uttered out quietly, fidgeting with the hem of the blanket covering Sunghoon.

Raising a brow curiously, Sunghoon leaned his body slightly forward his face just inches away from Haneul's. There was something behind her dazzling eyes that reminded Sunghoon of himself. "What do you need a runaway reject for?" Sunghoon asked.

Flustered at the sudden proximity between them, Haneul's cheeks flushed a red hue as she tore her gaze away from Sunghoon's. As said before, he was undeniably attractive despite looking as pale as a ghost.

"I need you to stop the rain, Sunshine Boy. In fact, everybody in Tokyo needs you to pray for the Sun," Haneul spoke directly before extending her hand out.

"That's all you need me for? To pray for the weather to be all rainbows and sparkles?" Sunghoon sputtered out in disbelief as he eyed Haneul's extended hand.

"In exchange for that, you can live here. We have a spare bedroom anyways and Mom needs an extra hand to help her research and type out reports for her company's magazine anyways," Haneul continued, dropping a hard copy of her Mother's work.

Flipping through the magazine, Sunghoon deeply sighed before handing the magazine back to Haneul. "You'll keep pushing me until I give in, aren't you?" Sunghoon asked, noticing Haneul's obvious desperation.

Nodding her head cheekily, Haneul flashed a hopeful smile towards the contrastingly, exhausted boy. However, her smile alone was enough for Sunghoon to reciprocate a small nod before shaking her hand. "I'll pray for the sunshine whenever you want me to Haneul,"

"Here's a towel Sunghoon! You can claim the spare room as yours after you've showered. I'm looking forward to that fever of yours to drop so you can be my assistant writer!" Mrs. Sim exclaimed as she led the 19 year old to their bathroom.

"Thank you Mrs. Sim," Sunghoon responded softly, still bashful and confused as to why Haneul's mother treated him kindly.

"Goodnight man, let's talk tomorrow after Haneul and I come back from school!" Jake spoke from behind as he walked towards his bedroom.

Nodding his head in response, Sunghoon bowed towards Jake and Mrs. Sim out of respect before entering the bathroom. For the first time in a week, the tension in his heart, mind and body melted away as soon as the warm water hit his skin.

For the first time in a while, Sunghoon didn't feel like an outcast.

That night, he fell asleep at 3:37AM with a full heart containing mixed feelings of anxiousness and happiness. Anxious because he didn't want to end up disappointing the people who showed him kindness.

Happiness because of her, Haneul, who directed him on to a path of possibilities when everything else seemed impossible.