68.

"Summer break, baby!" Bree squeals, as she lets her bags fall straight onto the floor to embrace me

"Summer break, baby!" Bree squeals, as she lets her bags fall straight onto the floor to embrace me. I chuckle slightly, before hugging her back.  "I'm so excited, I can't help myself" she says, as she turns to Jace to give him a little hug as well. 

I look around Bree to see Austin picking up the bags she let fall to the floor. "Yeah, we noticed" he smirks at his girlfriend.  Austin gives Jace one of their handshakes before embracing me in a hug as well. He places their bags in Jace's open trunk. "You guys ready?" he asks us.

We nod back at him and take a seat in Jace's Q5. I let Austin sit in the front with my boyfriend, so me and Bree can chat in the back. Today's the day we leave for Oregon. The four of us are driving to the beach house of Bree's parents, since she invited us to come at the last party we went to. Thankfully, none of us failed any exams, so we can all enjoy our time there. Ben and Sarah are meeting us there, the two of them have been together for a little while now. We're staying for a week and I'm excited to leave college life for a little while. 

Living with Jace has really made everything more bearable for me. Living on campus was pretty easy, but living with Jace is everything I imagined it would be. He takes care of me and my mental health without even knowing it and I love him for it. So far we didn't have one single fight, not even a little bickering. I'm still waiting for that to happen, to be honest. Even if we've spent a lot of time together before, we now see each other literally 24/7. 

I wish I could share Bree's enthusiasm about leaving for Oregon today, but I'm too tired at the moment. Jace was basically out all night, since he had to take care of everyone who wanted to buy from him before he leaves for vacation. I was anxious the whole time and couldn't sleep one bit. I didn't tell Jace that though. When he returned, I pretended to be asleep, and when he finally wrapped his arms around me I didn't have to pretend any longer.  His drug dealing still gives me stomach aches, but I've learned to cope with it pretty well by now. I simply try to ignore it. Jace must be even more tired than me, still he wants to drive the four hours all by himself. I could never do that, and for such a simple thing, I admire him. I'm not too keen on taking the highway for this long, but I hope I'll be distracted by Bree. 

"You okay baby?" Jace asks me, before starting the engine as we're all settled in. I nod my head back at him and decide to take off my shoes for extra comfort. I'm glad that Jace's car has so much space, at least we'll be comfortable on our journey. "Alright, here we go you guys" he adds and takes off. 

Bree cheers slightly, while Austin once again smirks at her enthusiasm. I love the two of them together. Half-smiling to myself, I rub the slightly sweaty palms of my hands together. I don't know why I'm nervous. Nothing's happened today, and sitting in a car for four hours is not a big deal. Somehow, the thought of it brought a bad feeling to my stomach this morning already. I didn't tell anyone, because often when I do that, the feelings become real. But I guess now they did anyway. 

I try to switch positions to be more comfortable, but I see that we're already close to entering the highway. My breathing becomes uneasy and when I think about feeling this way at the start of or journey already, what will the rest of it be like? I know that Jace notices my uneasiness, but I'm glad he doesn't say anything about it in front of the others. I hate the attention that gets me.