𝐒𝐢𝐱

You pressed the button on the vending machine, a couple of bars and a bag of chips fell towards the door through which you reached, taking out the treats. You licked your lips with eyes full of stars, adored sweets.

You walked back to where Megumi and Nobara were, they both seemed strange since they returned from the mission but you didn't know why, you didn't know where Itadori was either. You asked Gojo but he replied that your neighbor arrived very tired and was sleeping to recover his energies. As he was blindfolded you could not contemplate his hesitation to see how you were docile nodding, without knowing the real reason why Itadori could not be with you. Gojo was going to complain.

When you reached the stairs you offered the snacks, which they refused to accept, with a slight pout you sneaked in tasting your food.
Then a girl dressed completely in black —like every student in that school— appeared with a serious expression.

"What the hell? You are more depressed than ever, are you at a funeral or what?"

"Zenin."

"Don't call me by the name of my fam-"

"Maki, Maki, Maki!"

Your eyes widened when you saw a panda and another boy hiding behind a tree.

"Somebody really died, yesterday a first year boy died."

He whispered although he was clearly heard as everyone was silent. 'Who died?' You chewed some chips without taking much notice, more concentrated on eating than on conversation.

"S-say that first! You make me look like a cold, heartless demon!"

"That's who you really are!"

"Tuna..."

Nobara pointed her index finger at the arrivals, with a clear expression of confusion and exasperation, Megumi was still with his usual face, nothing seemed to surprise him.

"Who are these people?"

"They are our second-year senpais."

He sighed heavily, proceeding to give a little explanation of who they were, you listened attentively to his words looking at each of them.

"Zenin, she is the best student when it comes to conjuring incantations."

The girl with a ponytail had a little pout of annoyance, her brow was also slightly frowned.

"Inumaki is a specialist in spells, his vocabulary is restricted to onigiris ingredients."

You opened your eyes at the mention of food, even though you were already eating sweets you could not despise some good onigiris.

"And that's Panda."

Your eyes sparkled when you saw the animal, which you sensed was full of cursed energy or something like that, but still you didn't care, you had never seen a panda! Well you've never been to the zoo, so any animal other than a dog or cat might surprise you.

"There's one more, Okkotsu, he's the only one I respect, but now he's abroad."

"Are you really just going to introduce Panda as 'Panda'?"

The latter came up to the stairs, clapping his palms together, bending his head a little as an apology.

"Oh, sorry guys, you're still mourning." —'in mourning?' You were still confused, what did that mean?—"But I would like you to attend the Kyoto sister school exchange."

"Sister school exchange in Kyoto?"

Nobara seemed as confused as you, but as you surely didn't interfere you decided to ignore the explanation, just listening general things about the exchange. When Fushiguro gave his little talk you stood up, smoothing your pants and cleaning the dust out of it, putting away your remaining sweets. You grabbed ravenette's pants to pull it out.

"What does it mean to mourn?"

The silence was present in the place, those of the second year now realizing that there was a child there, surprised even more to see that viscous mass on her shoulder comfortably. Your innocent eyes penetrated Megumi's, even though it was not your intention, your look made him feel uncomfortable. How should he tell you that when Gojo forbade them to talk about Itadori's death on your side? The sweat began to slip over his forehead, the silence and the looks of others did not help the boy either.

"Say something, whatever."

Nobara rubbed her partner, coughing so that her whisper would not be heard, taking Fushiguro out of his thoughts he could not come up with a more stupid answer.

"M-mourning? It is to celebrate that we can rest after a hard day?"

"Oh, so Itadori is mourning?"

Well, he was directly dead. Megumi nodded quickly, you were content to sit back on the steps now noticing the silence that had been created.

"What's the matter?"

You bowed your head in confusion, had you asked something stupid? Your expression caused the heart of all teenagers to wring out of tenderness.

"Tuna, tuna."

The boy with silver hair was the first to approach, patting your head as if it were a greeting or something, then Maki and Panda joined, you didn't even understand why of those caresses or hugs of "bear" that the animal gave you, but since Gojo showed you what were the signs of affection, you couldn't refuse any.

Zenin cleared her throat trying to undo the atmosphere you had unintentionally created, returning to a slightly more animated state and taking up the above theme.

"Then you will come, will you?"

The two stared at the third year, their eyes glowing with a spark of determination, recalling the last words of their dead friend.

"I'll do it!"

They answered in unison, but still being the proud teenagers they were.

"But if I think the exchange or training is unproductive, I'll leave immediately."

"I say the same."

Maki smiled with sufficiency, lifting her glasses with one of her fingers.

"Hah, with that level of audacity it's worth training them."

"Piece of katsuobushi."

You sighed laying the palm of your hand on your cheek, watching as the clouds passed slowly, you wanted to see Yuuji.