𝑻𝒆𝒎𝒑𝒕𝒂𝒕𝒊𝒐𝒏

(Ceasar's P.O.V.)

Walking into my office I slammed the doors behind me. Immediately I walked over to the bar and grabbed one of my finest bottles of vodka, opening it I started drinking straight from the bottle.

"I can't believe I fucking did that," I said slamming the bottle down onto the table.

Pacing the floor, I rubbed my hand along my beard. I can't believe I really fucking did that, fuck Ceasar.

What if she does not even like you, did you think of that no, you just - urgh fuck fuck fuck. I gotta call Dani, maybe he could help me sort my head out.

"Ocean call Dani"

"Yes sir." she replied.

"This better be important it Ceasar," he said answering it on the first ring.

Standing one spot I said, " I kissed her."

"Kissed who?" he asked, I swear his man is slow as fuck sometimes.

"Who do you think I would kiss Danielius?"

"Oh fuck that her... wait how did you do that? I thought you didn't like her. Why kiss her?" He asked.

"I don't know and that's what drives me insane. One moment, we were eating, and then next I'm on the staircase with my lips pressed against hers." I said as I started pacing the floor again.

"Wait, wait... Did she respond to it? Cause if she did that means she could've felt some type on way about you." he said. I could've heard the smirk plastered on his face.

"That my fucking problem. She didn't, she just stood there, she looked like she saw a fucking ghost. What if I creeped her out... made her uncomfortable huh? That means she might want to stay here again... then I'll have to deal with Lyssa and -"

"Woah calm down Ceasar, relax dude,"... he said stopping me mid-rant, "She was properly confused as to why you did it. I mean you did surprise her dude. Just apologies to her."

"I'm not sorry Dani, I don't regret it. I honestly would do it again just feel her lips again. I just - don't understand why it must be her. Why must she be my temptation? Every time I see her, I wanna hold her and fuck her brains out or protect her." I said.

"Dude you got it bad what the fuck. You sound like a teenage boy who has love at first sight," he said laughing at me

"I'm happy for you though, after 14 years, you finally looked at a woman and felt something other than your dick getting hard. But take it slow man, your mind is moving too fast. Just get to know her first don't just go kissing her man. I understand the sexual tension but she ain't one of those girls you can fuck for one night and just leave Ceasar. This is Carlyssa's best friend we're talking about. What you do, would not only affect her but your daughter too."

I took a moment to let his words sink in. "You're right, I gotta be smarter when I'm around her. Maybe even find something to do you know... To stay away from her."

"Ceasar...I didn't say you gotta stay away from her," he said.

"I should though, what if I fuck up? What if the situation grows and I put her in danger? I'm not going through that again Dani. I- I can't." I said softly.

" I understand dude. Just don't go missing out on something you know you need bro. She could be the one." He said.

"I had my 'the one 'already.." I said lowly, "Ocean hang up."

"Ceasar don't- " he said before she hanged up the call.

Walking out of my office I told Ocean to lock up the house. I walked past the spot and shook my head before I continued walking up to my room. Entering the room, I headed straight towards the balcony. I like to look beyond the darkness when I'm conflicted about shit.

Closing my eyes, all saw I was darkness before her lips popped into my mind, I opened them instantly. Maybe I should try sleeping for a bit yeah... That sounds good. Walking over to my bed, I grabbed some sleeping pills from my draw and a bottle of water that I always keep near. Taking them, I laid down and after about 5 minutes I was out like a light.

/Dreaming/

Walking into a lit cloudy room, I saw a woman standing there in the far corner wearing all white.

"Who are you?"

"Mi amor." the person said turning around. It was her...my wife.

"Baby..." I said while running to her and giving her a hug.

Looking at her chest I saw the gunshot that killed her. It looked the same, just without blood running down her chest. Stepping back, I looked at her face, only to see that she was smiling at me. I dropped onto my knees and started crying.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry I wasn't there sooner." I cried

She came closer to me and stooped down to my level. She held my head against her, "Shhh it's okay Ceasar, I'm happy here. I get to watch over my baby and her dad forever. I love you both so much."

"We love and miss you so much baby," I said holding her close.

"Ceasar I came to you for a reason...the girl. She loves my baby just as I love her. She takes care of her. Keep them safe mi amor." She said.

Looking up at her, I saw she was fading away from my grasp.

"Baby...please no. Don't go yet, please don't leave again." I cried

"I have to my love, who would watch over you and my princess? I wish I could stay with you but I must go" she said with a smile

"HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO LOVE SOMEONE ELSE CARLY HOW? I screamed at her fading body.

" Don't you remember what I told you on my dying breath my love ?" she asked with tears dripping from her eyes, " Find love, Ceasar. Love someone who loves Lyssa just as their own, don't be lonely Ceasar... I love you"

She faded into the cloud after that. I just stayed on the floor, on my knees, screaming and crying just like the day for her funeral.

/ THE END/

Jolting up from my sleep, looked at my phone and saw it was 2 am. Passing my hand on my face, I felt the entire thing wet. I was crying in my sleep.

Getting up from my bed walked down the halls till I reached Carlyssa's room. Unlocking it, I saw her sleeping peacefully, up all cuddled in her bed. I walked up to her and kissed her forehead.

"Mm papa?" she said sleepily. Her eyes were still closed too.

"Yes, my princess?" I said with tears running down my face. I could help but remember what her mother had said in my dream.

"Don't stay up late," she said

Chuckling, I kissed her cheek and left her to sleep. I walked into the kitchen and made some coffee before I went back to my office. I started working on some unfished projects to pass some time. My mind was still on that dream though, It really had me thinking about everything.

[Thank you all for 1k views. I appreciate yall so much, Thank you for reading tempted.~ K.J.]