4-One Direction

Today was Sunday which meant I had my weekly call with Caleb. 

He had asked if I could call him once a week to check in and I promised, I couldn't deny him after everything I put him through. 

Caleb was my older brother and besides Bailey and Jasmine, was my best friend. 

We didn't have the best home life growing up, my dad wasn't apart of it and the parts my mom was around for weren't memorable. 

She was a flake through and through. The only stable family I have is Caleb. 

He's always been there to take care of me as I was for him. 

Caleb was born with down syndrome. My mother was one of those people who saw something wrong with it. As if it was some kind of disease. She always treated him as if he was stupid. 

He was anything but that, in ever sense. 

Caleb was a parent to me when my own parents bailed. He's even in cooking school following his dream and I couldn't be prouder. 

I know he put his dream on hold for me, he always claimed it was because he didn't have the passion for it. I always knew he was lying. 

Seeing him going after what he wants after all this time. God it makes me so happy. 

"You know when you visit you have to show me some of those fancy recipes you learned." I say laying on my back in bed. My legs are lifted off the bed in the air as I talk.

Caleb laughs, "Sure thing, how's school?"

"Good, do you know if you're making it up here for thanksgiving?" Like I had said before I still don't have the courage to go home to Texas. 

That means when we see it each other it's him coming here to Alabama. I always offer to pay for his plane ticket and every time he declines. 

"I think so." He says yawning. The good thing about him being in Texas and me in Alabama we are in the same timezone. Which means whatever time it is here it is there. 

Looking over at my clock I see it's already eleven o'clock at night. It's not late for me but Caleb likes to go to sleep early. 

"You tired Cal?" I ask and after a few seconds I get a response, "Yeah."

We say our goodbyes and get off the phone. 

Deciding to take a shower I grab my things and head to the bathrooms.

As I wash my hair I make mental notes of everything I have to get done this week. 

I know I have an appointment with Ms.Jane my therapist on Tuesday. We have sessions once a month to 'check on how I am.'

Thursday I have a test in one of my classes. Friday Jasmine and I are going to the mall. And Saturday I have a job interview.

After my shower I head back to my room. Changing into a pair of sweats and a tank top I grab my phone. 

Laying down on the bed I click the messenger app. 

I have three texts from Bailey and one from Cole. 

We texted a few times on instagram before he asked for my number. Reluctantly I gave it to him, he's a pretty interesting guy. 

Turns out he's a super health nut. Not those vegan health nuts but the ones that make sure they have the right 'nutrients' or whatever. He makes sure his meals are always balanced, home cooked. 

I don't know how he has the time and patience for that. 

Another thing I learned was that he has never tried chocolate covered gummy bears.