29-Loving You

Our first official date. 

Eek I am so excited I have butterflies. 

Cole had let me know he would pick me up at seven and to dress casual. 

So that is currently what I am doing, rifling through my closet for something 'casual'.

I decide on these high waisted mom jeans, a cropped white tank top, and a blue flannel. I pair that with my Doc Martens. 

Letting my hair down in its natural waves I do some light makeup. Honestly I don't know where he is taking me and I don't want to risk mascara running down my face. 

Since I am the only one in my dorm I do a little happy dance. Which I am by the way, happy

Cole makes me happy. 

My phone buzzes and it's Cole letting me know he's here. 

Grabbing my stuff I meet him in the car. He drives us down to this food truck. 

"When I first moved back here, this was the first place I went for dinner." Cole says as we get out of his car. 

He takes my hand in his, intertwining our fingers. 

Cole explains that the truck sells sandwiches, honestly I could care less what they sell. I am starving. 

We order the sandwiches and take a seat at on a bench. 

I take a bite and Cole laugh, "Whuh?" I ask my mouth full. He swipes his thumb over my upper lip wiping off some sauce. 

Then he puts that thumb in his mouth. 

Oh gosh. 

Why does that send butterflies fluttering my stomach? 

Once we finish eating, we throw the wrappers in the trash then head back to the car. 

"Do you want to stay at my place tonight?" He asks and I nod. "You have any special Christmas traditions?" I ask him. 

Tomorrow is Christmas and even though we have plans to hang out together, I want to know what is in store. 

"Not really our family was never big on the whole presents under the Christmas tree thing. Usually dad would just give us money." Cole says and I frown. 

"Oh." I say and he looks over at me, "What about you?"

"Well we could never afford a tree but that didn't mean it wasn't special. Cal would make these chocolate chip pancakes that are to die for. Then we would either open up presents together or go to the Johnsons." I smile at the memories. 

"We could that." Cole says looking towards the road. 

"I would like that."

***

The next morning I wake up to the smell of chocolate. Sitting up I stretch my arms over my head, yawning. Then I make my way down stairs to find Cole in the kitchen flipping pancakes. 

Not just any pancakes, chocolate chip pancakes. 

I come up behind him, wrapping my arms around him, "Merry Christmas." I say against his back. 

"Merry Christmas." He says back. 

"Are those chocolate chip pancakes?" I ask rubbing the tip of my nose against his back lightly. 

His back muscles flex, "Yep, hope you're hungry."

My stomach rumbles the moment he says that and we both laugh. 

Releasing him, Cole plates the pancakes. Then we start to eat them in the living room. 

"Oh I forgot." I say grabbing my purse off the floor. 

I pull out a wrapped box handing it to him. 

He opens it revealing a jade green shirt I made him. It's a button down, and honestly buttons are a biatch to sew. 

Under it he pulls out two tickets to 'The Neighborhood.' 

"No way when did you get these?" He asks. "A few weeks ago I know how you wanted to go see them in person."

He shakes his head, "These must have been expensive."

"They weren't I promise." They really were but I wanted to get them. "Thank you baby."

He leans forward kissing me, "Hold on." He says and quickly runs up stairs. 

Coming back down stairs he holds a bag. Handing it to me I rifle through the bag. 

There are two bags of chocolate covered gummy bears and a signed 'Knive's out' DVD. 

It's Chris Evans signature. 

"How did you get this?" I ask and Cole shrugs nonchalantly, "I have connections. 

"Thank you." I say and now it's my turn to kiss him.

Cal sends me a message letting me know he got his gift and that he loved it. It was a new frying pan and pots set. 

Then I force Cole to watch a Christmas movie marathon with me. 

It helps me feel closer to home. 

At some point between Santa Claus one and three Cole falls asleep. His head in my lap. 

As I continue to watch it I run my fingers through his soft hair. 

Then I take one hand to trace some of the tattoos on his arm. 

He's got these intricate swirls on his bicep, and I see a wolf and a sword. 

I know most of his tattoos don't have a significant story, just that he really liked them. He has exactly four that have a meaning to them. 

One of them on the inside of his arm by his wrist. It's a lily for his mom. Then a guitar pick higher up on the inside of his arm. A crystal for their first song they ever released 'Crystal Moon'. His first ever dogs name, 'Mack.' and the last one he has yet to show me. 

He got it two weeks ago on his chest. I honestly forgot about it until now. I so wanna see what it is. 

I feel him groan and his eyes slowly open. "Hey." He croaks out. "Hey." I say back running my thumb across his jawline. 

"Can I finally see that tattoo?" I ask and he nods smiling. Sitting up he pulls his shirt over his head. 

It's a little bird filled it with the color green. Emerald green. Not only that but it's a humming bird. I love hummingbirds. I told him the story about how when I was five one basically lived outside my windowsill. 

I had researched on what to feed him and got Cal to get me the little bird feeder. It lived there for a while until it eventually moved on. I loved that bird.

No crying, I tell myself. 

Yet I cry anyway.

"You got a tattoo for me?" I ask my bottom lip quivering. He gulps, "You like it?"

Is he nervous?

I tackle him to the couch, "Like it? I love it." I say kissing the day lights out of him. 

I love him so much.