44-The Kenneth's Again

Today we are headed down to see Cole's family. 

Amber called to tell us she hasn't spilled the beans to her family. 

We also learned Lucas wouldn't be there again. He's spending spring break with his friends in Europe. 

Tomorrow we leave for Texas. We plan to spend today with his family before we head back in town to the apartment. 

This morning Cole and I had breakfast, he cooked of course. Then he hoped in the shower while I began to get ready. 

I put on a dark blue long sleeve dress that ends mid thigh. I am also wearing my doc Martens. 

Putting my hair in a ponytail I head down stairs to wait for Cole to get ready. 

He comes out of the bathroom and heads up stairs to get changed, then we head out to his parents place.

"Are you nervous?" He asks me as we drive there. I don't know what gave it away, me chewing on my bottom lip, my leg bouncing up and down, or the fact that I am sweating and it's sixty degrees out side. 

I look over to him shaking my head, "No I'm not nervous."

"Liar." He says and I roll my eyes, "Haley already doesn't like me."

"Who cares Delilah she doesn't like me either." He says reaching over and squeezing my thigh. 

I sigh, "I just want her to like me." I admit. 

No matter what she did or how she came to be, Haley is apart of his family. I don't like being disliked by any member of his family. Well besides Luke but I never see him, even on campus. 

He's like a ghost. 

Greg seems ok with me and Amber and I text all the time, especially now because of the wedding. 

"She doesn't not like you because you're unlikeable." Cole says, "She just doesn't seem to like anyone which is her problem not yours babe."

I fold my arms over my chest glancing out the window. 

I still want her to like me. 

Pulling up to his house I get a wave of deja vu. 

Last time I was nervous just meeting them. Now I am nervous knowing how the first time went. 

Cole gets out of the car and I follow as he knocks on the door. 

Amber opens it pulling both of us into a hug. 

"They are in the living room, I just want to say how excited I am for the both of you." She whispers between Cole and I. 

We thank her before heading into the house. 

Haley and Greg sit beside each other on the two seater. Cole and I sit down on the couch and Amber sits on the single chair. 

"Hey dad, Haley." Cole says as we get comfy on the couch. 

Haley looks between us not saying anything. 

"I love your dress." I say pointing out her beautiful floor length maxi dress. 

Her upper lip curves up slightly, "I like yours as well." Oh so formal. 

"Thank you." I say and is the air in this room warm or is it just me?

"So what brings you out here?" Greg says throwing an arm around Haley. 

Cole looks to me gesturing for me to show them my hand.