Chapter 14

Aspen's POV.
I heard a knock on the door so I went downstairs and opened it. I couldn't believe my eyes. It was Nate. "Aspen, I was stupid and I'm sorry. I know I messed up but I'm wishing for another chance, please. You don't understand how much I love you and now that we have a baby I can't have it growing up without a dad, please I ne-" I cut him off by connecting my lips with his. I do need him and so does the baby. "I love y-"

*knock knock knock*
I got out of bed to see who it was. Oh it's just my dad. "Breakfast is almost ready" he said. "I'll be down in a second" I said and shut the door. That dream about Nate felt so real. But it wasn't. Honestly I want him to come home, I want him to wrap his arms around me and tell me everything is going to be okay. By now I was in tears. I need Nate but how am I supposed to forgive him, he broke my heart into a million tiny pieces.

I wiped the tears off my face and walked downstairs. Dad and Nancy. I sit down and she brings me a plate of pancakes with syrup. "Thank you" I say. "So Aspen are you ready for school tomorrow" my dad asked. I just nod. I am happy but only because there is only 2 weeks left until I graduate. And tomorrow is my birthday. I'm turning 18. Yay. I finish my breakfast and walk upstairs. I don't do anything for the rest of the day, I mean why bother.

*the next day*
I wake up to the sound of my alarm clock. I walk to the bathroom and take a shower. After I got out I dried my hair and put my clothes on. I decided to wear black leggings, my grey California sweater, and my black Uggs. I wing my eyeliner, put on mascara and walke downstairs. I left my hair wavy because it looked good this morning. As I walked into the living room, dad and Nancy started to sing happy birthday to me. My dad brought out a little cupcake with a candle in it. I blew out the candle and made a wish. That Nate would be here. I took the bus to school. As I walked inside my phone buzzed. It was a text from Nate. 'Happy Birthday Aspen, I miss you and hope you have a great day. I love you' i wasn't sure if I wanted to respond. I'm mad at him and I'm not giving in. My phone buzzed again as I arrived at my locker. This time it was from Sammy. 'Happy Birthday sis, I hope it's a great one, I'll call you later love you' I texted him back saying thanks and I love him.

I walked to my class and sat down. Soon after class started a student came in and sat down right beside me. He had blonde hair and hazel eyes. He looked at me and smiled. I smiled back. Class was over and I went straight to my locker. I closed my locker and leaning against the other lockers was that guy in my class. "Hi I didn't get to introduce myself earlier, I'm Carson" he said. "I'm Aspen" I said. "You want to grab something to eat after school, if your not busy" he asked. "I'd love to" I said.

School was over and I walked down the steps outside. Someone tapped on my shoulder and I turned to see Carson. We walked to the nearest coffee shop. Dunkin Donuts. I know what your thinking this is exactly like Jackson, but hey who cares. We sat down and drank our coffee. "Your really beautiful" Carson said. "Um thanks" I said. Carson looked me in the eyes and leaned in to kiss me. I leaned back and put my hand infront of his face. "Wow slow down, you think you can just woo me with your hot looks, take me out for coffee and kiss me. That's not how things work" I stood up and walked away. Fuck. Why are guys such douches. I walked in the door of my house and my dad was in the kitchen. "Hey dad" I said. "Hey, we are going out to eat tonight" he said. I nodded and walked upstairs. I sat on my bed and my computer starting ringing. It was skype. Sam was calling me.

I answered it and the faces that showed up were Sam, Kenny, and the Jacks. There was no Nate. What if he was mad that I didn't text him back. I was knocked out of my thoughts when I heard a bunch of happy birthdays. "Thanks guys" I said. "So I heard dad got a girlfriend, is she nice" Sam asked. I nodded. "So, how many more months till you come home" I asked. "Just 2 but they will be over before you know it" he smiled. "Can't wait" I said.

They had to leave so they could get ready for a performance. I got ready since we were going out tonight. It was alright. My dad an Nancy talked to each other the whole time. Noticing me every now and then. But honestly I didn't mind, he's in love. I know how he feels.

Guys please don't forget to like and comment. Thanks. And I'm sorry for the boring chapter. It leads up to something.