Chapter 16

Aspen's POV.
It's been a couple weeks since the boys went back to Digi. Dad went on another business trip and honestly I have no idea where Nancy is. I think she's been cheating on my dad. I mean she's never around and when she is she ignores me and dad. Like wtf. I don't understand. She's old and crap, she shouldn't be cheating.

It's a Wednesday and all I'm doing is watching Netflix and ordering pizza. There was a knock on the door, hopefully the pizza man. I opened the door to see Kaddee standing happily with a pizza box in her hand. I smiled as I let her in the house. All we did was sit on the couch and watched TV.

After a while I got a phone call and I couldn't believe the words they where saying. It was the hospital....

My dads dead.

"O-okay t-thank you" I stuttered into the phone hanging up. This can't be happening. I can't do this. I cried. I cried harder than I ever have in my life.

Kaddee walked in the room to see me on my knees crying my eyes out. "Aspen" she yelled coming to my side "what's wrong"

"My d-dad, he's d-dead" my heart broke a little as the words came out my mouth. Kaddee didn't reply, she just cried with me.

-

I was currently packing my bags. My dad died somewhere in Arizona. He had a business trip there. They said he died instantly when a 16-wheeler rammed into the side of his car.

Kaddee decided to come with me because she said me and Sam need some comfort. She probably right.

-

I walked slowly walked through the doors of a hotel we were staying at until after the funeral. I ran up to Sam and just cried. Dad was the only family we had other than mom but she's never around. After I left go Kaddee hugged Sam.

Kaddee is really close with us. We're like her family since hers isn't around a lot.

I walked into the room I was staying at and plopped onto the bed. I just stared at the ceiling. I need Nate. I need him to wrap me in his arms and tell me everything is going to be ok. And I want his soft lips on mine and I want him to make me forget everything.

It broke my heart when I only saw Sam standing in the lobby. Why couldn't Nate be here for me. I just don't understand. I mean he loves me, right?

He's the only thing that was on my mind for the past hours. I stayed laying on the bed for hours not wanting to move. But there was a knock on the door. I got up, walking slowly to the door. I opened it and I was speechless. It was Nate. He does love me.

He didn't say anything either, he just wrapped his arms around me. We stood there for what felt like forever. But I just didn't want to let go. But I did.

Nate shut the door and walked me back over to the bed. We got under the covers and he wrapped his arms around my waist pulling me closer to him. We didn't talk any. I didn't want to talk I just wanted to be in his arms. The funeral was tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle it. Me and my dad were so close but now we are so far apart.

I rolled over to face Nate. I looked into his beautiful eyes. "I love you" he said. I smiled. "I love you". I closed my eyes and soon we both drifted to sleep.