Chapter 23

1 year later
Aspen's POV.
"Happy birthday Aspen" everyone yell as they bring out a cake. I look around at all the familiar faces.

The Jack's, Sam, a couple of friends I've made and Kenny.

"Happy birthday babe" Jack says as he kisses me on the forehead.

Me and him have been a thing for a while and to be honest I'm not completely happy with him.

I mean he treats me right and everything but when we kiss I don't feel anything, at all.

-

For my birthday I didn't want to go to a club or a fancy dinner, I just wanted to have a fire on the beach. So that's what we did.

Jack brought his guitar, so he could sing a couple songs.

We just talked for a little and sang a couple songs.

"Hey guys, I'm gonna walk down the beach" I say and Jack started to stand.

"Alone" I say and walk down the beach.

-

I walked down the beach and my mind was clear, until all kinds of memories flooded into my head.

All the memories of....Nate came back to me. When I first met him, all the kisses and fun times we shared to when he broke my heart and left me without any explanation.

When he left me all I did was cried. I stayed in my house for weeks until Jack convinced me to get out and do something. And some how over time me and Jack became 'A thing'.

He always tells me how much he loves me but I'm not sure if I love him. I mean he's a great guy but I don't feel the way I felt with Nate, I never do.

I was knocked out of my thoughts when something ran across my feet. I jumped back a little o see it was just a dog. I looked up to see a girl with long black hair walking towards me.

"I'm sorry about him, he's always getting into things" She said getting hold of the leash.

"It's fine, what's his name" I asked.

"Montgomery"

"How'd you think of a name like that"

"It's my boyfriends middle name" She said pointing to a guy across the beach.

"Cool, well I should get going"

"Where to"

"There's a bonfire back down the beach, you should come" I say being nice since its my birthday.

She nodded and told me she would be down there in a little.

-

I sat at the fire while all the boys sang a couple songs. I looked down at he ocean and saw two figures walking my way. I'm guessing it was the girl I met on the beach earlier.

She walked up and introduced herself and I told the guys I invited her. She went to introduce the guy who was her boyfriend but as I looked up I froze, it was Nate.

So sorry for the really late update. Expect more updates from now on. :)