Lenna's POV. 10

Lenna

The next morning, I was able to catch up with the new trends of touristic places to travel to and the packages to offer for our customers. Adjusting them for the company plans accordingly.
      My eyes seemed to drastically close as soon as I reached for the thousands of emails I had in my inbox. After having the training week rehearsals, I became quite careful with what I sent, a warning that I got from my staffers. Yet, today came off as an aggravating day.
      My eye bags were remarked. And my hair chaotic, after not being able to sleep properly last night.
      Luke's smirk and laugh invaded my mind the whole night, making it impossible for me not to make a fake scenario of what could happen if I slept with him.
      Are people going to judge me? Call me a slut because I slept with my boss? Would I be able to handle it?
      There are two more months to go before I go back to college and find another part-time job that pays really promising like this one does. And either way, if I do it now, I'll have to confront him the rest of what's missing of summer.
      Should I?
     Suddenly a new email pops in my inbox from the man I'm supposed to ignore. But can't.

From: Luke Huxley
      To: Lenna Salinger
Subject: Pending approval

'Good afternoon Ms. Salinger,

I'm kind of...desperate for your reply towards my request. Have you made a decision?

By the way, where are you heading up to after work? It's for work purposes, of course.

Luke.

Rolling my eyes while my heart skipped a beat for his message—a feeling I was trying to resist—I began typing quickly.

From: Lenna Salinger
To: Luke Huxley
Reply:

'Good afternoon, Mr. Huxley,

Sorry to disappoint, but your request is still on hold and being debated. You'll have to wait.

'Patience is key.' *Satisfied emoji.

And the place I'm heading to...Bet you already know so, what's the point of telling you?

Stalker* coughs.

Have a nice day!
Lenna.

I smiled and without hesitation I sent it.
I admit I felt surprised that he sent an email instead of a text to my phone which I bet he has because of HR personal employee info he can have access to.
I focused again on the next emails and replied to them, one after the other until a few minutes went by and Luke's name popped again. Not resisting the curiosity that spread through me I went forward and read it.

Reply:

How long do you need? I'll count the days till the moment comes...

And I do have patience. I'll wait til I have it. Smirk*emoji.

Keep torturing me as long as you want. I'll have my revenge when the time comes.

Likewise, honey. The stalking is mutual. Oops*

Don't get surprised then when we cross in each other's path.

Luke.

I cover my mouth as soon as I realize I'm smiling and laughing out loud for his words.
Oh, God. He is my next trauma and I don't have money for a psychologist.
I caress my temple and lean back against my chair. My eyes go around my office until they fall again on the bright screen that's screaming at me to reread his email again. Which I do, pitifully.
The word 'revenge', this time causes me a weird feeling in the shallowness of my stomach. And a bit lower, where my womanly parts ache at the effect the words do to me.
But not only that. The way we began calling each other stalkers, it began comforting me as a way to see him as a normal person that I can joke with. And this is a warning, cause if I'm already attracted to him physically, this humor connection will only make it worse for me to reject his offer.
I focus on the next sentence and the word, 'honey' motivates me to write him back.
I hate the word, honey. Ew.