Luke's POV. 31

Luke

       I sat beside the other executives who held a small chatter between them. A few others kept serving themselves wine meanwhile, others focused on what they came for: work.  
      But even though I retained a conversation with them for all the details, my mind was somewhere else.
     Maybe in a warm and comfy place with green walls, a dark wooden floor, and a small kitchen where a beautiful girl spent most of her time in. I constantly thought of arms wrapping me even though I acted as I disliked it when in reality it was all that I needed.
Got consumed by the affection and not even the magazine's attention, women's easiness, men's covetousness, or parents' indifference bothered me more.
Every day and inclusive tonight, I was accompanied by many people. Yet I always felt alone.
Reality is, People spent time with me because they needed not because they wanted. They are obliged, it's their job.
Or their interest. But not hers.
Suddenly a waiter passed by and placed a simple spoon of ice cream in a plate to be served to one of the men gathered.
A few other orders came and most of the people who I sat with silently enjoyed their dessert. My mind shifted to the thought of her care while baking sweets.
I loved everything she did, but the sweet taste between her legs was the only thing I craved more right now.
"Excuse me, sir, would you like to see the dessert menu?"
I shake my head. "I'm good, thanks."
Resisting my urge to leave I waited until the dinner finished half-hour later. I hadn't even gotten to the car when my phone vibrated and lit up with a message.
'Hi.'
Nothing more. A simple hi from her.
My heart missed a beat and the feeling that a simple word caused me made me realize how I really feel towards her.
Ready to have my heart crushed in all ways. Fuck if my heart wasn't going to be, let it be anything of me.
I stared at it for a couple of minutes until I received another one from her.
'Are you busy?'
I noticed how she kept texting but stopped when I immediately said, 'No.'
I waited for her reply.
Excitement yet worry dominated in me like a fucking young teenager who had a crush at high school and never admitted his feelings for her. Like a movie scene.
And I always thought those were full of shit.
'Are u at home?'
Here I text too quick to be true.
'No.'
Texting...'Where are you?'
'Dinner with executives.'
Why does it feel like we have done this before?
Why does it feel good?
'Oh. So you are busy...'
'Not for you.' I continued. 'Are you okay? Where are you?'
'I'm okay.'
Another text from her. 'I'm at home.'
I clenched my jaw. The urge of going to her apartment killing me already.
'Do you need something?'
She eventually stopped and I patiently waited for her reply to be a yes so, at least I could have an excuse to come and see her.
The whole damn week we avoided each other again. Maybe it was because she regretted getting on her knees for me.
Or maybe I knew that if I saw her again, I would be the one gladly getting in my knees for her. Probably for the rest of my life if I could.
...'no.' 'Umm I was going to ask if you wanted to come.'
'I'm on my way.' I replied simply even though I fought a smile.
'Okay.'
'Do you want me to bring something?'
'...ice cream?'
I look around while I stand in the middle of the street, outside the restaurant looking for an open store which gladly three of them were.
Two blocks from here but I was willing to search in every store for all ice cream flavors for her.
I really need to take my time asking what are her favorite things. But I didn't mind buying everything instead.
"Sir. Where to?"
"What's your favorite ice cream, Oliver?"
   He shifted in his position and looked at me confused. "Mint chocolate chip."
    I smile. "Good. We'll get that one too."
   He nodded even though he was completely uncertain of the question.
    Once I got to the back seat I had to explain myself again. But once we went to every ice cream store and got at least ten ice a cream flavors Oliver helped me to carry them to her apartment. 
     "Sir, may I ask why the ice cream?" Oliver asks while the elevators doors closes.
     I tilt my eyebrow. "For work purposes of course."
      He nodded and remained silent the rest of the time we were in there.
    Once we finally walked towards her door, my chest tightened. But I tried my best to not show any emotion. Especially to her.
     She must not see what she does to me.
    Not now.
      I knocked on the door and in a matter of seconds there she was.
     Wearing a white loose sweater with one shoulder side. Her hair fell on her shoulders and that's when I noticed she must have gone to the salon one of these days.
    I remained speechless and so did she. It was until Oliver cleared his throat that Lenna looked past me.
      "Oh, God." She finally noticed the bags we carried and realized that I did the same thing as last time.
     "Don't know what's your favorite ice cream flavor so I—"
     "Pralines'N cream," She smiled. "Or any that has caramel."
     I nodded and looked back at Oliver who regarded the hallway instead of us. As if he felt he shouldn't be disturbing us. But quite the opposite.
   "You can take the mint chocolate one," I finally said.
      Lenna fought a smile.
     "And everything else. Didn't bought the one that she wants."
     I was about to leave with ten fucking ice creams just to go and buy the one that she likes but her hand found mine and I immediately stopped.
      "No." She shook her head. "Just because the caramel one is my favorite, it doesn't mean I don't like other flavors."
    She smiled at Oliver while her hold tightened.
Fuck do I have a hand kink?
     Cause I'm now turned on just by the simple gesture.
      "Do you have kids Oliver?" She continued.
     "Yes Ma'am. I got two young kids."
     "Good. You can take their favorite ones home." She glanced at me while my gaze remained in her. Probably I was drooling because she had to repeat herself twice. "You don't mind do you?"
     "Not at all."
    She rolled her eyes but smiled again.
  Didn't even realize when Oliver left us. She was just pulling me inside with five ice cream left in my other hand.
      "Stop doing that."
    I blinked a few times. Her hand left mine so she could cross her arms in front of her chest.
     "What exactly?"
     "Stop spending a lot of money on me."
   Oh, muffin. I could even give you all my money if I want.
      "You look beautiful," I simply said and that was enough to distract her.
    Her cheeks blushed and her eyes widened at my compliment.
      "Umm...how was...dinner? The dinner you were at?" She said already walking away from me.
      "Good."
    I placed the ice creams on the counter table and regarded every move of hers.
       "Only good?" She glanced at me mischievously. "You can say more to that."
     I furrowed my eyebrows. "What exactly do you want to know, shortcake?"
       She looked away. "What did you eat?"
      I laugh silently. "You care that much?"
   My eyes scanned her back while thoughts of hugging her from behind me conquered me.
     I began to take the ice creams from the bags to distract myself.
        "Watercress and celeriac soup with goat's cheese crouton."
       "Wow," she sniggers. "Sounds expensive."
    I walk towards her fridge.
       "What about you? What did you eat for dinner?"
      She tries to take the bowls from the top countertop but struggles to reach them. My eyes fell again on her back and slowly dropped on her ass.
     "What did I eat? Umm—"
    I walked towards her until I grazed that one part of her. She froze and stuttered when I finally handed her the two bowls to her, one by one, locking eyes with her as I moved.
    Rubbing her way too shortly.
       "—Tacos. I ate tacos."
     I walked away from the position we were meanwhile, she remained there for a few seconds.
       I hummed. "Sound better than mine."
    "Hope you didn't have dessert then."
        She grabbed the spoons and walked toward the fridge to grab one of the flavors.
      "You didn't tell me your favorite one." She glanced at me as I leaned on the fridge. Her gaze avoided mine.
      "Chocolate."
      "Nice choice."
    She took it in her hands and left to scoop ice cream balls for each one of us. But then mixed it with others so we could try the ones she hadn't tried before.
       "Whipped cream?"
       "Please."
   She nodded and moved from one place to the other.
      "Cherries? Oreo? Any fruits?"
      "Cherries are good."
      "Okay."
   I moved to the bar stools and regarded her silently until she was done. I was even surprised when she grabbed her coat.
      "Let's go to the rooftop to eat this." She smiled and left with the two bowls in her hand.
     I followed along and didn't understand why was she doing everything so quickly.
Does she want me to leave already? Does she want to get this done?
      We got to the elevator doors and eventually arrived at the terrace with few benches and nothing more.
      "Here," she said once we reached one of the wood benches near the end where the city could be seen from afar.
     She waited for me to sit before she began trying to taste everything in her bowl.
       "When do you start classes?" I ask mimicking her.
     The taste of chocolate spreading through my mouth. As well as the taste of guilt after finding all information about her university.
       "September eight." She sighed. "Almost done with college."
      "What are you planning to do after you graduate?"
   Curiosity getting the best of me.
        "No idea. Just need a job so I can apply to residence and stay here." She shrugs. "And then I'll save money for many years until I buy my bakery. In the beginning, when I chose marketing as my major I wasn't sure what company I would work for the rest of my life, you know? I'm creative. I know that." She takes another spoon of the cheesecake flavor. "But I'm good at baking and why not take advantage of that?" She pauses and smiles at me.
     "You are one of the few who have tried one of my desserts. And you are a successful entrepreneur. So...enlighten me, Mr. Hurley. With my skills—" she tucks a lock of hair behind her ear. "—own recipes. Do you think I could live with that? With my own bakery?"
     I furrow my eyebrows.
       "Oh and you can say any critic. I can improve or anything—sorry you can talk now."
     I took a deep breathe and hummed again. "Well I think. I think..."
     She looked at me with eagerness.
     "I think..."
     "Oh, God just say it."
    I laugh. "I believe that you'll succeed Lenna Salinger. In everything you do, you'll accomplish it. You'll have everything you want."
I'll make sure of it.
      She smiled and sighs in relief. "That's comforting actually."
     "We have one thing in common."
     "Passion?"
   I smiled. "But they differ."
       She leaned her head on one of her hands. "How?"
      "You are passionate about your career. The rest will come easily to you."
    She humms this time. "And you? What are you passionate about?"
     "Could being better than my parents be a passion?"
     Silence took over meanwhile, all I did was smile. The trauma was there and she knew it.
       "You can say it. Whatever pain your parents caused you." She straightened, looking at me with soft eyes. "I'm a good listener too."
      I shake my head. "No."
       "You can trust me I—"
       "I don't want to talk about it, Lenna," I say coldly that her words vanished in the air.
    Her lips turned into a thin line and regarded me differently.
        "I'm sorry."
        "No, I shouldn't have pushed the topic—"
        "I started the topic so don't—"
        "—It's okay. You are not obligated to share. I mean I'm no one to you so let's not pretend we have something going on."
     Her words hurt but it hurt her more that I couldn't share about my private life. I know that she wants to know me but how can I assure she'll care about me?
        I just can't. I can't do it.
      She tried to smile but failed to pretend that she did not care about the truth we had.
    This was for entertainment. Nothing more. We don't have any relationship.
      But little did she know that she is someone to me. Someone who I need or at least want in my life now. But she is young, and has a lot to focus on.
      Silence overwhelmed me. I had an inner fight, and tried to say everything that I felt, but before I could even try to say anything, her words sank me into a dark place.
        "I...I texted you because I wanted to say goodbye," she eventually said with a serial tone. "I'm leaving tomorrow. Umm—college will start in one week and a half but I have to leave early because—"
      "You don't own me any explanation Lenna," I interrupted her. "You're not obligated to share any details."
     I said it so recklessly that maybe it was for good. Even though the feeling in my chest surged again but this time it stings.
       "I wanted to thank you for the internship," she continued, "And everything else."
     Suddenly she placed her hand on top of mine but this time I moved it away.
        "I think I haven't been honest since the beginning," she nervously laughed. "After you tried to make me feel comfortable so I could sleep with you—even if it sounds immoral or weird—I liked every second of it."
     I looked away not able to look at her anymore. "I appreciate everything you did. The experience within this job, the romantic details even though you did them subconsciously or unaware of the thought you gave. It made me feel special."
     "Did I level your expectations?" I smirk, faking my reaction.
   She slightly laughed.
      "You got way too close." She shrugs. "Closer than any man could ever get."
     "What could I've done to get closer?"
     "You want tips when you find another girl that you could be ready to date?" She teased as if our level of interest lowered to friendship.
    Is that all she thinks she can have with me?
       "Of course, muffin."
  Why can't I just shut up?
    She clenched her jaw at the nickname and eventually said, "You said you conveyed your likeness or love, however, you want to call it, through words. But seems it's hard for you to say everything that you feel."
       "So?"
      "Try practicing it with a friend," she shrugged.
      "I don't have any friends."
      "What about me? I can be your friend."
  I laughed deeply.
"What? We can't be friends?" She laughed, her gaze falling to my smile.
"Do friends fuck?"
She rolled her eyes. "No, they don't."
"Why not? Having sex can strengthen the friendship bond."
"Having a friend implies trust. It's someone you can share your secrets with, that not even your parents know. They are accomplices." She pauses and tilts her head. "They are good advisors."
"Just like we are doing," she continues, "You got any tips for me?"
      "For the next man you date?" 
    I say bitterly but try to sound passive in my next words.
       "Don't sleep with him."
     She laughs louder this time.
        "Don't sleep with him if you don't love him," I clarify with the same statement she used because it was better than letting out how much I wanted to be with her.
That I never wanted another man to touch her.
I wanted her to be mine only.
"—because I'll regret it later?" She whispered.
My mouth went dry so I just nodded.
      She tensed and looked at me with widened eyes. "I don't regret having sex with you."
     The thin air grew thicker. The mood swings faster than I had ever experienced with woman.
        "You don't?"
     My ego growing inside me.
        "Not at all," she shook her head. "Thank you for the sex as well, forgot to mention that."
        "You're welcomed. I'm glad to help at any time you need."
     She rolled her eyes and straightened. "I thought you said—"
     "I could be an exception, princess." I wink at her but she just laughs it off.
"So you are a lonely man," she changes topic as we decide to go back to her apartment. "A man who knows more than others. What does your dad—" she falters the next words. "Sorry umm—"
"Tell me about your parents," I say instead. "You seem to have no problem sharing."
She sighs and gets inside the elevator. "There's a lot to say." She rubs the back of her head. "My dad is a lawyer and my mom is a manager in a tech company. They are very caring and generous. And thanks to them I was able to study here." She hugs the bowl of empty ice cream near her chest. "Actually they are making a lot of effort so, not finding a job after college, drugging myself, or ending up pregnant will absolutely kill them."
I fight a smile.
"I was never interested in drugs. Neither hooking up with every handsome guy that said 'hi' to me. I just want to get through college and somehow find my way to be successful. That's how I'm going to make them proud, " she breathlessly said after realizing she has spent all this time talking. "Sorry I know I talk too much."
I clench my jaw. Her beautiful eyes worriedly looking at me.
"I don't mind. I love hearing your voice."
Fuck. Did I just say that out loud?
We lock eyes and her breathing altered at my words. My simple words that she has eventually found comfort in them as I have done with her voice.
The elevator doors open and she is the first one to walk outside hurriedly.
I follow behind and sigh in satisfaction at the way she moves away from me.
"At what time are you leaving tomorrow?" I ask once she tries to unlock her door.
       "At four in the afternoon."
     I nodded and she went on to open her door to go inside, leaving it open for me.
I heard how her coat fell on the floor as she quickly walked towards the kitchen for a glass of water. Giving me her back as she drank all of it.
"Can I use your bathroom?"
She gave me a thumbs up and I left her on her own while I tried to reflect on what should I do next.
My heartbeat was louder than expected and my need to kiss and fuck her one last time overpowered me. I washed my hands and my face in the small white sink meanwhile, thoughts consumed me.
I had to take it all out.
I need to get out of here.
Finally, I opened the door to leave this place but stopped when I found her there. Waiting. Looking at me with the same need as I have for her.
"Can we pretend one last time?" She whispers. "That we love each other?"
Didn't have to be told twice to pull her and slam my lips against hers. She moaned as I pushed her into the nearest wall meanwhile, my hands traveled through her shirt.
She unbuttoned mine, but grew tired of it that she just ripped it apart too easily. The way she did it just turned me on even more.
Somehow I was able to rip off her pants just to see her bare ass pulled by a see-through black thong that made me feel dangerous if my dick got near it.
"I love when you wear black," I say as I went over to kiss her neck. "Black heels, black dress—"
I gripped the fabric in my hand and slightly pulled upwards, exposing more of her sexy ass cheeks, and stretch it until it painfully pleased her. "—Black thong."
She whimpered and rose to her toes at the friction I caused her.
I continued pulling until her front coverage teased her clit meanwhile my other hand gently caressed her cheek.
"I know," she murmured, holding herself. "I bought them a week ago—" I pulled higher. "For you," she whispered in amusement.
"I'll buy you twelve pairs next time," I said before I kissed her to avoid her complaining or further confusion by my words.
I carried her.
Her legs straddled my waist, none of us breaking the kiss as I walked towards her bed.
My hands slightly shifted until I gently placed her down on the mattress and tried to remove her shirt, but she tensed at my move.
"What's wrong?" I worriedly ask, finally noticing how she hugged her chest.
"Nothing. I just want to keep my shirt on, " she murmured, but there was something off in her tone that unsettled me.
My eyes landed on her green long sleeve shirt and before I could ask she leaned and pulled me to kiss her.
"I need you inside of me," she begged and I couldn't resist taking her.
But I went against it and lowered myself to lick the only thing I've been wanting to taste for so long.
She shivered as soon as my tongue trailed downwards towards her entrance. Her wetness coated her completely.
She tried to close her legs but I placed my hand on top just to open them wider for me.
I planted kisses on her inner thighs just to tease her when in reality I was admiring every inch of her skin. So warm and soft at the same time
    My finger teased her clit and her back ached beautifully. Once I found her spot she whimpered in the only way that I loved to hear.
  I continued kissing her lower stomach tracing upwards til I had the one thing she didn't want to give, but I stopped halfway when she pulled my hair to make me look at her.
       "No boobs," she warned. "Shirt on."
      "Why—"
     Suddenly she turned us around, and this time she settled on top of me. "Stop talking."
    Her lips found mine as she began rocking against my hard-on.
       "Fuck fine," I breathlessly said as she encircled herself way to painfully.
     I turned us around again just to finally take my pants off and boxer briefs just for her display only.
"One day I'll suck your nipples," I admit as she looks at me with fear yet desire.
I take the condom out of my pants and slowly roll it on my length which she looks at while crossing both legs in what is yet to come.
"And one day I'll fuck you without a condom. That's a promise," I smirk. "Just like I'll fuck your ass."
Her cheeks blush but doesn't look away from my hard gaze. "This is the last time we'll see each other so, don't keep fake promises."
I walk and her chest quickens as soon as I lay on top of her.
"Better make it worth then." I lick her throat and she shivers under me. "Better make you feel me for the next five days."
I pull her panties off her legs and lift her left leg for a better access but once I place my tip in her entrance she gasps gracefully.
I remained there just for a while but she began lowering herself for more. It was until she was full of me that we both moaned in pleasure.
I didn't know how, but it felt way better than last time. Her eyes locked with mine, and the same comforting feeling surged in my chest.
I pulled and gently made my way back into her. I repeatedly did it, both of us painfully having the pleasure in slow moves.
The sound of her wetness began echoing in the room as I began slamming faster this time.
"Talk to me," she insisted when all this time I was focused on how good she made me feel and how beautiful she looked underneath me.
And that's exactly what I said.
"You are beautiful. Every inch of you is perfect."
Her nails clung to my back and she looked away as soon as my words sank in. Somehow breaking her apart.
Does she think I'm lying?
"I hate you." She tried to turn us around and I let her.
Fuck I'll let her do anything to me.
We both groaned as soon as she shifted with my dick inside of her and began taking her time to push it back in.
"Thought you had to love something before you hate it," I groaned.
Suddenly, her hand fell in my mouth to make me stop talking while she mercilessly began to move faster.
Whimpering through pain and pleasure. "Shut up—I hate every time you talk, you make me believe everything you say so easily."
I looked at her perplexed, not knowing if we were pretending anymore.
She moaned louder and took away her hand so she could rub her clit.
"Fuck," we both moaned at the same time. Almost reaching my climax I grabbed her neck and lowered her toward my lips meanwhile I took over and lifted my hips to fuck her harder.
"I mean it, Lenna." I thrust. "You are beautiful." Thrust. "You always take my breath away."
"No," she shook her head. Resisting to give in to me.
But my hands fell on her ass just to spank her by the way she defied me. "Yes."
She groaned and that's when I grabbed her ass to make her take my whole dick in. I fiercely moved her, going in deeper and faster as I could.
She moaned my name one last time before her body trembled along with mine.
     She lost her voice meanwhile, I groaned and slammed into her four more times.
       Finally, she fell over to my rising chest. My sweat covered me completely, and so did hers. I tried to remove her hair from her forehead but she just slipped away and laid beside me.
      Giving me her full back.
    Why does she look guilty every time I touch her?
      I straightened and threw away the used condom on the trashcan. And when I finally turned around I saw her heavy breathing from afar.
      And I did the only thing I wanted to do to her.
   I wanted her to know that I wasn't using her.
      I was doing this because I needed her.
   I walked towards her and bent down to lower her eye level, and that's when I noticed how she blinked away a few tears.
   Guilt.
      "What are you doing?" She asked once I picked her up in my arms.
    Her hands holding tight around my neck.
  I remained silent meanwhile she glanced at me in confusion. When I got to the bathroom I opened the bathtub, and slowly placed her there on her foot.
        I wanted to be the one to clean her. Bath her.
     But the look in her eyes said that she didn't want my touch anymore. So, I just waited until she finished washing away any mark that I left in her body.
      Every kiss I planted on her legs.
     Every hand I laid on her back.
         And every glance that it stick on her face.
    Once she was done, I gave her a towel and placed pajamas that I had picked up from her closet.
      With the ice cream cones socks that she loved to wear or I've least seen her wear them every time I came here.
    She took her time and while she did, I dressed. Full of thoughts I waited and once she opened the same white door I've been starting for fifteen minutes, None of us said a single word.
       My eyes finally gave in and roamed through her body. The socks making me fight a smile.
      I straightened and walked towards her. I had so much to tell her but no one word came out.
       Grabbing her delicate hand I just placed the last kiss there while we both locked eyes.
      You're beautiful Lenna. Not only physically.
    But everything of you, is.
         "Goodbye muffin."
     Her eyes were still red and so did her nose. She tried to reply but her lips just slammed into a thin line.
    A new feeling streamed in my chest and it felt like it was eating me alive.
        So, I just took a couple of seconds to be near her before I took off.

    Guilt.