Luke's POV. 27

Luke

      The next morning I'm waken up by Lenna's scream as soon as she sees me sleeping on one of living room light brown couches.
      Really comfortable if you ask me.
     I yawn and blink a few times until I focus on her figure. She stands on her room doorframe still with her cute pajama on.
      "God, you scared me!" Her hand falls in her chest in relief. "What are you doing here?"
    She roamed around in shock. Her hands drifted to her hair to pull it into a ponytail meanwhile, she walked towards the opposite couch where I sat on.
     "Good morning Marshmellow, how do you feel?"
    I close my eyes again meanwhile, I lift my phone to check the time.
Ten in the morning.
    Can't remember the last time I slept this much.
      "I must have been too drunk to call you," she whispered in regret. Her hand rubs the sides of her head as she slowly lays down.
     Covering her face with her forearm she finally sighed and said, "I don't even want to know what I did."
    I smiled as I remembered her last night words.
   "Let me refresh your mind then cutie pie." I hummed as I pretended to remember what was the most embarrassing thing she did—but for me, I saw it as the perfect thing to stay.
     "Mmm it's between— you vomiting on my shoes or—"
     "Oh God," she exclaims.
      "—you begging me to carry you like a baby monkey."
    She laughs bitterly. "I doubt that. I've never begged to a man."
  I laugh in disbelief. "I think you already have."
    My mind thinks back to when I sucked her delightful juice.
Oh to taste that again...
    "Awe, it's so nice of you to remind me," she said annoyed.
     "Glad to help, muffin." I sighed loudly. "If you want me to remind you in other ways I—"
     "No thanks." She suddenly straightened, and began to walk away. "Maybe we should leave to work and pretend none of this happened."
      "You are going to work when you have a hangover?" I shook my head. "Not a chance. You are staying home until you get better." 
      "What? No— I can't skip a day."
      "You can and you will. I'm your boss, sweetheart."
     I lift my head to smile at her genuinely, but she seizes and contradicts me. 
      "Wha—what are you doing this for? And why did you sleep here?"
    My smile fades and the thought consumes me.
   "Because I have no where else to go Lenna. I don't feel safe when I'm at my own place. Nowhere except here."
     She patiently waits for my answer but I swallow the words and bury them deep in my mind.
     "Because...I'm a nice person, Lenna," I sarcastically say, rolling my eyes as if it was obvious when it was not. "You're hungry? — I smile again—Of course, you are."
    I stand and walk past her towards the green kitchen that is right beside the small living room where we at.
    She remains silent as I start to look for the things around the kitchen. Her gaze intensified with each sound I made.
      "Shouldn't you be at work? You must have lots of meetings today and—"
     "I canceled them." I grab the oil and began pouring it in the white pan for the scrambled eggs and bacon.
     "You canceled them?"
   I nod again.
      "Luke I'm really grateful for everything that you are doing for me but—"
      "You think I want something in return because—" I break the eggs and sigh in annoyance. "—you keep asking the same question. So let me save you the time." I glance at her. "I feel guilty. So look at this as an apology. Glad we cleared this up. Where's the salt?"
    I looked around but suddenly she appeared beside me with it.
      "Thanks hot stuff," I wink at her and she rolls her eyes.
    She pushes herself upward until she sits in the counter table to watch me closely. "Another apology? Because you took my virginity?" She shook her head. "You don't owe me anything. Besides, it was my decision too."
      I remain silent while I served both of us the warm eggs. The smell spreading through the whole place.
      "You regret fucking me?" She continues.
   I shake my head while finally looking at her. "Not at all."
      She instantly blushes and her gaze falls to the eggs.
     "But I do regret not fucking you in a bed like normal people do."
   She laughs nervously.
     "I guess there's a first time for everything." She lowers herself to search in the fridge for something which at the end is orange juice. "You know my mom would kill me if she knew."
  She pours herself a glass and returns to sit again in her place.
      "If she knew..."
      "If she knew I lost it." She drinks the whole juice in one gulp. Her breathing changing at the thought. "God she will kill me if she knows." She lift her wrist to clean her mouth and finally looks at me in worry. "Or my dad. God! I bet he would stop paying for my college if he knows I lost it before marriage."
     I tilt an eyebrow, and walk towards our plates to serve the bacon.
    "Do they care that much?"
    She sniggers. "Well yeah. They are afraid that my sister or I will get pregnant at such a young age and that without being married, especially to my mom." She shakes her head as she thinks about it. "She went through it, and well...she admits it was not easy."
She sighs and lets it all out. "Yeah, they will probably kill me."
     I cross my arms and look at her in curiosity. "What about you? Did you want to wait till marriage?"
    She tucks a lock of hair behind her ear, and tries to really think about it.
       "Umm I wanted yeah. But I knew that if I ever loved someone it...it was going to happen." She pauses and we lock eyes. "I'm aware of everything that I can give or do when I love someone. Its my curse remember?" She laughs it off and pours herself more juice to drink it as a way to stop talking and saying all this things to me.
     But it was too late now.
    I nod at her and we both remain silent as I move on to make the pancakes with her flour. Somehow the air got tense between us, but once we sat down on the bar stools to eat, it all felt normal again.
      Like a fucking routine.
   It felt as if we always ate together.
    No words left to say.
    It was just the two of us eating quietly while glancing a few times at each other.
    I knew she wanted to keep talking cause that's how she is.
    A talker meanwhile, I'm the quiet guy who seems to be a good listener.
    What a coincidence.
   She had lot to say about her life meanwhile, I had nothing more than just normal lonely days where I spent acting like an adult since my teens.
   And somehow I envied her.
    She probably had those loving parents who always cared for her, a big family, friends, lots of dreams to achieve, and a need to love someone who deserved her.
       How could I ever have that?
     "Thank you. Everything was delicious."
She picked both of our plates and turned around to wash them. I quickly followed her and began helping her to dry them, but not before she gave me shocking eyes.
      "If it weren't for your disturbing pride and casanova personality, I would say you are the perfect man."
     "Casanova? What's wrong with loving sex?"
    She laughs and hands me the washed glass cup. "A man who is passionate about women and has many lovers will probably cheat on the woman he loves." She looks at me. "There's nothing wrong about loving sex. The wrong thing is that you might be looking for more because you are used to it."
       "I would never cheat on someone that I love. Nor someone who I date," I firmly say, meanwhile I dry the last cup. "I'm a man of word."
     She dries her hands and stares at me in disbelief.
"Is that what you fear in a relationship? Being betrayed?" I lean on the counter as I try to know everything about her like she wants to do with me.
She folded her arms and the way her expression changed at my words, face everything away. "Wouldn't you hate to be lied to or betrayed by the person you love the most?"
I've never loved someone so I wouldn't know or understand it.
But if the feeling of seeing Lenna near another man with bad intentions towards her, and she giving in...I can't imagine what I would do.
Something worse maybe.
I would probably lose my mind.
I would probably do something I won't regret doing.
"Who wouldn't?" I say.
I hand her the dried glass. Her face twisted like mine did at the thoughts.
What would you be capable of doing, Lenna?
How far would you go?
"Yeah who wouldn't?" She admits, smiling all of the sudden as I did. "Anyways—" She clears her throat and looks around the room. "—I guess you'll be here the rest of the day...because you are a good person—"
"That's right," I interrupt her.
"—Just because you feel guilty. Not because you like being here."
"Guilty pleasure I would say."
She smiles and tilts an eyebrow at my admission. "Wouldn't it be better for you to be at your mansion and rest in your expensive bed where you'll be comfortable at?"
"Does my presence here disturb you?"
She slowly shakes her head. "Not at all."
I tilt my head. "Then what's the problem, Angel?"
She remains silent and looks at me in wonder.
"Can I ask you something?" She turns around and heads towards the fridge. "Why do you keep calling me different nicknames?"
     She pours herself cold water and returns to stand in front of me. Her beautiful eyes widened as she looked at me. She took a long sip while I thought about a good answer that didn't give away why I loved calling her different ways.
       "Last time you told me it was because you kept forgetting my name. But I think you know it by now." She licks her lips and that draws my attention. "Is there another reason that I should know?"
       I clench my jaw and return to her firm gaze on me.
      They say nicknames are associated with feelings. A very basic way to show own emotions. It demonstrates how head over heels they are for that person.
    It was hard for me to show how attracted to her I was through romantic touch so, I did it verbally. The only way I've known how to express how I felt without giving it all away too easily.
     But how could I admit that to her?
   A knot was formed in my throat that left me speechless for a long moment. And from the look she gave me, she knew it right away.
     "Doesn't bother me if that's what you are doubting." She takes another sip. "I like all of them."
     A sudden feeling of uneasiness dominates me and all I do is give her a sharp nod and a cold face. She notices my reaction and tries to change the topic.
      "I think you need to rest." Suddenly she grabs my hand and pulls me across the kitchen towards her room.
      She makes me sit on her bed meanwhile, she closes the curtains for a darker room. I watch her silently as she turns the TV on and chooses a random movie. "When was the last time you slept well?"
       "Can't remember. Why?" Suddenly her hands travel on my back and end up in my neck.
     She gently begins to massage my neck and continues with my shoulders. Her move was slow and her fingertip pressure was just enough for me to relax.
         "What is this for?" I groaned at the sensation.
         "Is an apology for throwing up on your shoes," she exclaims behind me.
     I laugh and so does she.
What are these lame excuses we say to be near each other?
         "Lay down," she says after a couple of minutes go by. And I do as I'm told.
     I quickly lay on the bed meanwhile, she crawls towards me. Her hands return to my skin way too gently and she starts again to release some tension from my shoulders.
        "Why do you turn the TV on?" I finally ask as she lowers her hands in my back.
       "I like hearing sounds in the background when I want to go to sleep. Somehow, it relaxes me."
      She kept talking as she continued massaging me mercilessly. But I eventually passed out, and couldn't recall what she said during those last minutes before sleepness took over me.
     All I cared about was that her voice was the last thing I remembered.
     A few hours I woke up and found her sleeping beside me, curled in herself. Trying to not invade my space and remain at her side, where she slept peacefully.
     Regarding her, I realized I had never slept so easily and deeply ever in my life. I always spent most of my hours working, like my parents did. Or at nightclubs and business partners' events. Sleeping more than five hours wasn't an option for me. Nightmares or issues invaded my mind always. And as a kid, where my parents fight.
    When they rarely came home.
      Lifting my hand I caressed her cheek to prove that this was real. That she was real.
    When her head moved slightly I moved my hand away even though I yearned to touch her more. 
     Don't get attached to her.
    She is leaving for college in two weeks.
       She is leaving you.
     She needs to move on.
        You've played enough with her.
      Got what you wanted.
        Is enough.
     Will things ever be enough with her?
   But it was true.
       Her internship finishes next week and then she'll leave.
     And we will pretend none of this ever happened. I will pretend none of this ever happened.
      No kisses.
     No laughs.
       No hugs.
     No holding hands.
      No teasing.
       No working.
      Nothing.
    Fuck but who says I shouldn't take advantage of the time that she has left?
      Time is precious.
     Isn't it?
      Lifting my hand I gently grabbed her waist and pulled her towards me. Once she was close enough I wrapped her with my arms meanwhile she wrapped me with her legs. I inhaled her scent and somehow I managed to sleep again for another hour until we changed positions again.
      This time I slightly open my eyes to realize I was on top of her. My head in her chest where I could hear her heartbeat clearly.
     One of her hands laid in my neck, as if she had been caressing my hair a while ago until she fell asleep again. The sound of the TV echoing in the background, carried all my thoughts away.
      I eventually tried not to sleep to enjoy the way we were hugging each other, but once again, I couldn't resist the comfort and warmth she was giving me that my body gave in again.
     And meanwhile, she slept because of her last night's excess of alcohol, and my lack of sleep, it gave us a good reason to not be at work today.
      A lame excuse but enough for me to be close to her the whole day.
       The next time I woke again first, and this time I watched her sleep as I waited for her to wake up.
     Taking some distance from her warmth, I admired her beauty from afar. And her relaxed breathing soothed me completely.
     Once she slowly opened her eyes and focused on me, I finally said,

"Want to do something fun?"