Luke's POV. 22

Luke

"How do you feel?" She asks from behind as I leaned on the railing from the roof.
The soft ocean breeze, clearing all my thoughts away.
"Nothing."
"Liar." She mimics my position and looks at me with delicate eyes. "I would have cried if my parents told me that."
I tilt an eyebrow. "Why?"
"Umm—cause I love them and it would hurt too much if they said that, and I'm also crybaby."
She toyed with a lock of her hair while I look at her in surprise.
"Never thought that someone who laughs and insults a lot tends to be the most sensible."
"It's my curse I guess. I feel too much." She Sighs. "I can't control my emotions yet Luke. I don't have emotional intelligence. I lack that." She laughs it off. "That's the bad thing. I cry a lot. When I get angry...I'm the worst person you should be near, I laugh way too loud on the worst occasions, and...I love people too intensely. Way too deeply."
"I don't think it's a curse," I finally said looking away. "I think it's a gift. A human-like gift."
"Thanks." She smiles happily. "Makes me feel better."
"Would you mind sharing more of your gift?" I tilt my head. "What's the weirdest thing you cried of or tend to?"
"You want me to make you feel better with my embarrassing moments?"
"Kind of."
She sniggers but tells me anyway. When in reality I just want to know her more.
       "Well, I once cried listening to a song called, 'with you' by Jonah Johnson," she laughs. "Before you judge its a beautiful song." She pauses while she tries to remember more. "I always cry when it's the birthday of someone I love or really care cause there's a tradition in my family to always say a few touching words to that person."
      "What else?"
     "I get really bitchy when I don't eat. I laugh a lot when someone or I fall—"
      She continues to easily tell me of her most private and embarrassing moments, and I could not laugh at her.
      Once she ended telling everything she could remember, she smiled in relief thinking I had forgotten what my parents said.
     But little does she knows, it hurt a long time not having that type of attention or affection from my parents.
How could she love so easily when I struggled to do it?
Damn, I could not even stand watching them anymore. They felt like strangers to me.
"Don't pity me Lenna. That's the last thing I want."
"I'm not."
"You are."
"You are giving me those pitiful eyes." I shake my head and focus on the few people who walk near the beach.
"Fine. I feel bad for you. I can't resist it."
"Find a way then," I say way too coldly and move an inch away from her, but she just gets closer.
"You want a hug?"
"What? No."
"You need a hug."
"No, I don't need one," I say harshly but she just went for it.
I was still leaning in the railing when her arms surrounded my shoulders from a side. Her cheek was pressed against mine.
I straightened and tried to gently move her away but that's when she came closer to my chest for a proper hug.
"Stop it, Lenna," I sighed.
"No."
I rolled my eyes and remained still while her warmth fulfilled me. The way her arms tightened around my back made me feel not alone.
Eventually, she grabbed both of my hands and placed them on her waist.
"Yes, you are allowed to touch me," she humorously says even though I didn't want to be hugged.
"Are you done?"
She shook her head. "Not until you hug me back as you mean it."
I sighed already bothered. "You are stubborn."
She chuckles and nods. "I know that."
Looking around to make sure we were truly alone, I finally shifted my hands upwards. That's when I squeezed her back slightly, pushing her closer to me as if there was still a space between us.
"Alright. Done."
"Not yet. I'll tell you when."
Clenching my jaw we remained that way for a long time until I grew comfortable under her touch.
The pain and stress suddenly reduced. My mood-lifting out of nowhere. My heart gave in just like my body did.
What is she doing to me?
"How do you feel?"
"Why do you always ask me the same question?"
She laughs against my chest. "Maybe I want to make you feel something more than lust."
"What for?" My hands travel to her hair and I don't even realize when I began caressing her.
"So that this feels real."
I clench my jaw and nod. "You're right."
I continue to caress her back until she says, "I'm still mad at you."
I smile at that. "I know. I'll make it up for you. Don't worry."
"You better," she whispered.
"Can I kiss you?"
"No." Her hold loosens. "Done hugging?"
"Not even close."

.