Luke's POV. 18

Luke

        Romance is good.
    There's a lot of lies in it that I get amused of.
       All those sweet lies women fall for easily just to get them in bed evidently.
      "Fuck yes!" She moaned as I slammed into her harder, cause her fake screams annoyed me.
     Repulsed me.
    It infuriates me.
        I couldn't see her face, couldn't care less what her name is or if she was enjoying this like she was supposed to.
       All I wanted was to come as I fucked her from behind meanwhile, I imagined the only person it could be.
      But when I opened my eyes, all my illusion faded. Her hair was shorter than hers. Her back too small. And the way her pussy felt, came wrong.
        "Do you like anal?" I said breathlessly.
        "No. I had a boyfriend before and tried it." She laughs bitterly. "Didn't like it at all," she normally said as if we weren't fucking.
      I rolled my eyes and slipped out of her.
         "You done?" She curiously asks. She turns around and faces me with her big and I admit good looking boobs.
      But the more I stare at them the least I'm liking the size.
          I ignore her and throw the condom away.
I need a fucking drink.
      "You know...you really fooled me with your sweet words." She pauses. "You said I looked beautiful. That no man deserved me." She sighs. "Yet here you are looking at me with disgusting eyes. What is it about me that you don't like anymore?"
       I began dressing as I gave my back to her.
     "Lucy, right?"
    "Amanda." She crossed her arms defensively, facing me all naked with no shame in it.
     Locking eyes with her I tried to find the same desire I had with Lenna, but there wasn't a slight of it. Not even a bit.
       "Amanda, you must understand something. Men just want one thing, and that's getting between your legs. Nothing more."
       "I know that. But thought you were different from the rest of the assholes I've met." She half-smiles. "One of these days you might break a girl's heart with those sweet lies you say."
       "Did I break yours?"
     She laughs immediately. "I had mine already broken. That's why it's so easy for me to sleep with any guy. I've forgotten what I deserve."
        I clench my jaw.
      "Sorry if I treated you poorly."
     She smiles weakly, "Don't be. You treated me better than the last guy I slept with."
Pity. That's what I felt.
    Not love.
       It was all the same.
        Nodding at her, I left her the room without looking at her again.
     I got into my car and drove.
          'You might break a girl's heart with those sweet lies...'
        Her words echoed repetitively in my head as I parked my car in front of her apartment. Darkness hadn't taken over. A few streams of sun light graced the street and buildings. Inclusively in her window.
       Grabbing the flower bouquet I had just bought around the corner along with the expensive diamond bracelet the women at the store chose for me, I walked towards her building.
This will serve as an apology, and you'll finally give in little by little.
       I'll pretend I'm the perfect man.
     An illusion.
       And you'll surrender to me.
     You will.
       I know it, sweet pie.
      After making my way through the hallways, I knock on the door and patiently wait.
      It takes her five minutes to finally open the door and regard me strangely.
       "What are you doing here Luke?" She clears her throat. "Sorry I keep forgetting you're my boss. Let me try again."
    She closes the door and opens it again with a wide fake smile.
      "Oh to what do I owe this surprise, Mr. Huxley? Is it for a raise?"
    I tilt my eyebrows and fight a smile.
What's with this woman?
        "Actually...no," I say seriously. "I came to give you this as an apology for my behavior. I shouldn't have obliged you to stay working."
     She relaxes.
       "And you bought me flowers because of it?"
       "And a diamond bracelet of course. Nothing too serious."
     She contemplates them for a while, uncertainty taking over her face.
I hand her both things but she only grabs the flowers.
        "I hate bracelets. I never wear them," She confesses kindly yet with despise. "—But I'll accept the flowers."
        "I can change it for a necklace or—"
        "No. No thanks." She hugs flowers tighter. "Not a fan of jewelry. That's all."
      I glance at her gold necklace and earrings telling me the opposite but I just nod.
         We remain silent for a while until she finally says, "Would you like to come inside?"
         "Sure."
     She moves away and that's when I notice the way she's dressed.
She looked like she was about to lay down and log off by watching movies or sleeping. I could tell she didn't expect visitors.
She instantly blushed as I checked her out.