Luke's POV. 24

Luke

    I wanted her to be in the back of my mind.
The thoughts consumed me and I began to wonder how will we both react when we see each other again.
     It's been two days after our kiss, and it felt like the whole game changed.
     In different ways I might say.
   The roles were changing and we were both experiencing things we had never felt with someone else.
     Well, at least for me.
     I didn't sent her a text explaining why I had left all of the sudden. But neither did she cared to ask me why.
     Deeply, I knew she was grateful I had left. She needed space or at least time to recover of what we did.
    Or what she initiated. She had given up already and it took her a long time to finally do it.
     I smirk at the thought.
    But will she be willing to do more like we planned?
     I did not regretted at all. The kiss had felt different from the first we had.
    This one felt better. And I didn't even know what had changed. All I cared about was that I needed to kiss her again.
    This time I was willing to steal one from her, cause I knew that if I asked, she is probably going to think it through and make me wait longer.
     There's no way I'll keep waiting for another one.
     "Susan, I need you to call Ms. Salinger and notify her that she needs to be at my office at seven for the meeting," I said once I stood in front of her very organized table.
     "I'll call immediately."
   She quickly glances at me before she continued to write on her colorful post-it notes.
     "I like her."
    I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "Who?" 
      "Lenna." She suddenly pulls the post-it and pastes it on the right corner near her agenda. "She gave me these amazing almond snowballs along with chocolate muffins that...God they were so good! You should try them." She sighs happily.  
     I tilt my head in surprise. "Almond snowballs?"
My almond snowballs?
    "When did she give them to you?" I ask in the most normal tone I could manage to give.
    "Yesterday." She leaned back in her chair and explained. "She came here early asking for you, but you were in a meeting on the fourth floor. So...we talked for a while—laughed—and suddenly she said that she had no idea what to do with the 'left' cookies she had baked...and that's when she offered them to me." She shrugged and got back to check her agenda.
So you tried to come and see me. But regretted it later.
       Interesting, shortcake.
        "Anything important that she came for?"
     Susan paused whatever she did, and tried to remember. There was a long pause and that's when I realized Lenna would never tell anyone about our deal or anything she got herself into.
        "She never said what she came for actually. You want me to—"
       "No, I'll ask her myself later. Thanks Susan."
    She nodded and quickly stood to notify me about other details.
"At three you have the meeting with Mr. Johnson. I'll send you an email to remind you."
I walked inside the elevator while she pressed the floor button for me meanwhile, she stood outside.
"Make her wait for me at my office."
"Yes sir." She nodded and gave me a serious look even though she couldn't hide her suspicion about us. "Anything else?"
"You can leave early today."
Suddenly the doors closed and a smile surged on my face.
Let's see how easily you give in tonigh as well.

----------------------------------------------

The meeting ended at seven exactly. Just on time to take care of my other business.
     Walking towards my office I noticed that Susan did leave just like how I ordered her to. As I got closer to her desk, I saw a few lights coming through the bottom of the door.
     And from where I stood, I heard how she walked from one place to the other.
     She was doubtful, and perhaps anxious like I was. And honestly, I couldn't differentiate if that was good or not.
     I felt like I had already forgotten how she looked like. My mind needed to refresh so I could remember how tall she is, how dark her hair is or how long she has it...her eyes. I needed to be reminded what color they were.
     But especially I needed to be reminded of how she sounded like.
      Two days felt like an eternity.
    Not even amusing her and hearing her laugh, felt like as well like a punishment. 
      I stood there in front of the door, uncertain if I should go in and immediately hug and kiss her until she was left with no air, or pretend that I'm a civilized man with no feelings towards her. 
    This is just an excuse to see her again.
No. No.
    This meeting is just for work.
        It's just to fuck her as a reward and finish this already.
    The purpose is to—
       Suddenly the door opens and we lock eyes.
Fuck. The pain is back. 
        Her hair was curled today, and her black mascara made her eyes stand out exceptionally. My eyes fell on her white shirt with two unbuttoned buttons and a black skirt.  
     A female version way of how I looked today and almost every day.
       My gaze returned to her face and she was speechless like I was. But her eyes said everything I needed.
     'Glad to see you again.'
        I cleared my throat and finally said, "How long have you been waiting?"
     She blinked a few times and looked behind her. "Not long."
      Her hands curled to her side and that's when she began walking towards the seat where her purse was.
     I fixed my gaze on her as I walked in and closed the door along the way. We began taking distance between us—she in the leather couch meanwhile I got near the floor—to—ceiling windows.
       "Susan told me you needed me."
     Needing is a strong word.
       "I checked your files and it said that you can fluently speak Spanish and French. Is that right?"
     She slowly nodded and waited for me to continue.
       "Good." I walked towards my desk and pulled another chair beside me. "We are meeting with few of my clients and I need you translate for me."
      I glanced at her and noticed how she looked at me with alarming eyes.
       "You want me to translate?!" She stood and quickly walked towards me. "Luke! I suck at translating. I get too nervous."
      She sat down and looked at me with pleading eyes. "Don't make me do this."
      "You'll do fine Lenna," I said coldly.
     But little she knew I had taken courses in both languages for this same reason.
       "It will only take an hour," I continue.
     "An hour?! Oh, God. I think I'm going to throw up," she muttered meanwhile, she hugged herself.
     I fought a smile cause I was enjoying this already.
         "Why me, Luke? Why not someone else?"
      I turned my head sideways and regarded her with professionalism. "Because I want you to start getting used to these types of meetings and learn by yourself how agreements take place. Don't you want to be successful?"
      She remains silent. 
     "This is what you'll do later on." I look away and focus on the link Susan sent me so that I could join the rest of the men I had to spend an hour with. 
    At least she was at my side now. 
    Does she want this busy life? She better know how it is before she gets herself into it.
       "You can do it," I assured them before I joined the meeting.
    Two men appeared in my screen and greeted me meanwhile, we waited for a few more.   
     Lenna got closer to my side, avoiding any type of physical contact as I began to explain what this meeting was going to be about.
      I explained her their roles and mentioned her their names and nationality as well. She listened carefully and all I could ever think of was how smart she is.
She really is. And I knew it before I met her.
She will never know that I had seen her at college, and neither that I tried everything I could so she could apply to this internship.
I just moved the pieces so she could move and fall in place where I wanted her to be.
That was the bad thing about me. Whenever I saw someone attractive I never missed a chance. I wasn't going to regret it later I was sure of that. And as a rich man, I got everything I wanted.
But Lenna just became an obsession.
I felt so attracted to her the moment I saw her. It's like those rare moments where your body went numb yet alive at the same time.
And when we accidentally ended in the same nightclub, I didn't even understand how could the person I've been obsessing over, ended asking me for a dance.
Or even a kiss that I was starving for.
I never believed in fate or the soulmate shit, but I did believe in the fear of wanting someone so bad that it could lead to something else.
Something that might leave a mark on you.
I glanced at Lenna, her full attention in what the men said, she waited until they finished so she could translate it for me.
I had my camera on but didn't give a shit if the men saw where my attention was.
When she glanced at me I looked back into the screen, as if I hadn't been looking at her all this time.
"—he also says that they will want to arrange another meeting with one the suppliers so they can contact them directly, and know further details of the product cause they want...to avoid a deadweight loss."
"Tell them they won't have to worry about that. But that I'll send them his info through email just in case."
She nods and flawlessly translates it into Spanish. Her thick accent clear enough to turn me on easily.
I noticed how she grew interested in the details and how her shoulders tensed when she had to summarize what they have said.
By the time the meeting ended, she sighed in relief and in satisfaction, she rubbed her shoulders and looked at me for a sort of approval.
"How did I do?"
"You were great. Really great ."
She smiled and let a harsh breath out.
"Yeah?" She ran a hand through her hair and finally nodded. "Yeah I think...I think it went well."
    We locked eyes but she instantly rise to her feet. "It's late. Umm, I should go."
     She walked away towards her purse and I followed. She bent over and somehow she felt how close I was to her because she began taking distance.
        "You've been avoiding me," I say as we begin to walk around the room. The same way we've done it before.
      She walks behind the couches until she ends up behind my desk. "I'm not avoiding you. Why would I?"
        "Then why are you running away from me?" I maliciously say while I devoured her with my stare.
        "You think I don't know what you are doing?" She tilts an eyebrow. "You want to fuck me already to end this—" she points at both of us, "—thing we have. And you were the one who ran away after we kissed, remember?"
     She knows.
       I quickly moved around her but she ran towards the opposite side of the room.
        "I don't remember. Maybe we should try that kiss again," I smirked and continued to pursue her.
      "It's better if you don't touch me," she nervously laughed. "I might easily give in and you don't want to end this too soon."
     "Why? You are catching feelings already?" She stutters and tumbles a small table behind her. "No."
       I clench my jaw in disappointment.
       "I think you have—"
       "It's called pretending, princess. Have you tried that before?" 
    A hint of outrage reflects on her and that's when she stops moving.
        "Then why don't we pretend that we are in love with each other so we can get done with this? You think you can do that?" I said in a sarcastic tone as if I was talking to a little girl. "I'm tired of this already. All the fucking hugs and kisses as if this was real."
      She flinches at my words and I begin to regret them. But I had to end this now.
   Or at least to make her give in already.
      "Fine!" She exclaimed. 
      "Fine," I said breathlessly, adrenaline rushing through my veins after my admission.
      "Let's see who does it better then!" Suddenly she walked towards me at the same time I did.
    I grabbed her waist until her chest crashed with mine. Her hands traveled to my neck collar and pulled me against her lips. Both of us not resisting anymore.
       The kiss took longer than expected. We devoured each other as if it was the first time we kissed and the last time we will.
     This was it.
       Grabbing her thighs I lifted her and she instantly enclosed me with her legs. Not leaving any space between us.
      "You are mine," I said between her lips as I lowered her to my desk.
      Lifting her skirt, my fingers traveled between her thighs, wetness soaking her panties already.
     "Fuck," I groaned at the sensation but I was cut off guard when she began kissing and licking my neck merciless.
     I teased her entrance with my fingers as she did with her tongue.
       "Do you love me, Luke?" she moaned against my ear.
     God. She was good.
        That's when I pushed two fingers inside of her mercilessly. The sound of her wetness echoing in the room was way too beautiful.
      She did not moan until I began to tease her clit as well. She threw her head back while she steadied herself with a hand on the desk.
      I glanced below me and I couldn't resist anymore. Lowering myself, I licked her once, her body shaking with the new experience.
     And being the first man to taste her, brought a new side in me. Pride maybe.
       I straightened and got closer to her ear. My hand movement going slower than before. "I do love you, Lenna."
     The sudden pain in my chest released unexpectedly as soon as I said those words.
     My breathing halted and something deep in me wanted to hear her say those words as well.
       "Do you love me, Lenna?"
     She remained silent while looking at me with widened eyes. I waited while we looked at each other differently.
       This time she fought the moans and that was my sign. Lowering myself again, I began to tease her with my tongue.
     Enjoying her taste way too much. She let out a few whimpers until I began sucking her clit.
        "Oh, God."
     I smiled and began sucking harder until I knew she was at the edge.
        "Please—don't stop—" She begged but as soon as I slowed my move, she screamed it.
      "I love you Luke. I fucking—love you—please I..."
    The words undid me and my heart skipped a beat.
      I pushed two fingers while sucking her until her moans got louder. She began pulling my hair and I groaned at the pain.
    Suddenly her body began shaking and she sucked harsh breathe. I saw how I undid her and it was beautiful to watch how she came over my fingers.
      As soon as her breathing became normal, I regarded her with something more than lust. She  pulled me to kiss her again and that's when she spoke again, "Prove it to me."
     She hesitated. "Prove to me that you love me."
    I froze.
      "Fuck me like you love me!" She insisted even though her voice trembled slightly.
      "No."
      "Stop pretending you care about my feelings and do it!" Her need took over her. "Do it before another man does it."
     And that was it.
   Jealously took over me instead.
       As soon as I removed my boxers, and managed to place a condom I slowly made my way inside of her.
     She tensed but hugged me tightly, just like I returned. As if we wanted to avoid breaking apart.
     It was the only thing that expressed how much we cared for each other even though words were not enough this time.
    We looked at each other with regret and need.
      With pretending love and hate.
    Although it felt real.
        We gasped at the sensation, too late to wish to undo it. She tensed as I pulled out and made my way back in.
    And the only way I could soothe her were my soft and sincere words.
       "I love you," I repeated, this time going deeper than before. "I love your laugh."
     She whimpered against my ear, fighting the pain she willing took.
        "I love how smart you are." 
     Her breathing heaving along with her mind.
        "I love how caring you are."
    This time I groaned at the way her tightness felt around my length, causing me to come way too quickly.
        "I love your sense of humor." I heavily breathed. "I love everything about you, Lenna." 
   My head fell on her shoulder and try my best to slow myself.
       "I can take the pain," she whimpered. "Don't...don't hold yourself back." 
       And I did.
         The more I slammed into her, the louder she screamed and took hold of me. I groaned in relief once I came and neither of us moved.
     We just kept hugging cause that seemed enough.
     Her breathing was heavier than mine, and regret probably as well. 
     But it was done.
     The deal was done.
   We both got what we wanted.
       This was it.
      I slowly pulled out and noticed the blood in her thighs and at my desk. It wasn't a lot but it was enough to prove that she had given everything to me.
     She avoided my gaze and eventually said, "Can you take me home?"
      I nodded and remained silent. Guilt started to consume me.
    We cleaned ourselves in the office bathroom, each of us in different rooms, and before we got into the elevator, I noticed how she flinched at the pain she felt.
       This time I asked her, worried that I might have been too harsh with her.
     "You're wincing. You want me to carry you?"
     "I'm okay thanks," she coldly said. "You can stop now."
     "With what?"
  She pressed the button and hugged herself. "That you care for me. The deal is done, you don't have to do it anymore."
       I wasn't pretending.
  The words never came out. I just nodded and gave her the space she needed.
      The whole ride we remained silent. I shifted my gaze towards her and it felt like a Deja vu, except that this time, something had changed.
      I didn't feel as good as I thought I will.
    I felt hopeless about the only thing I wanted but never deserved to have.
    Suddenly 'I lied' began playing in the car, increasing the conflict between us. The only song that made it hard to hear Lenna's soft cries.
      I couldn't hear anything but I did see how she wiped her cheeks every once in a while.
      Why were we judging ourselves after we enjoyed what we did?

'Mmmm I lied.'

     'Mmmm I lied.'

    Did we lie about what we truly wanted?