Chapter 4

As they walked out on the field the lights shined a little too bright on them, well Liam felt they did, but that was probably just him because he was nervous. Scott nudged him playfully. "You've got this hun." Scott cheered. Liam only smiled at him shyly, thankful for scottsw support.

They were only about 5 minutes into the game when Liam felt like something was off. He looked over to the bench and Stiles was still there, so that was good right? He looked over and number 11 was still on the field, playing his best against the other team. But there was the faintest smell of blood and it scared him. So on impulse he turned running off in Scott's direction. "Scott can you smell that?" He asked as he caught the ball throwing it past the goalie and into the net. The crowd cheered but it was dead to his ears as Scott paled a little bit.

"Where's Isaac?" He asked borderline panic. It was then that Liam realised that he had forgotten to look for Isaac.

"I-I don't know." Liam stuttered starting to panic as the crowd went wild and they all rushed on to the field to greet the winning team. Liam lost Scott in the crowd and panicked even more. "SCOTT!" he screamed over the noise. Stiles ran up to him grabbing him by his arms and turning him to face his direction.

"Liam listen to me, you need to calm down, Scott ran inside the school." And that was all Liam needed. He ran twoard the school. He ran inside the locker room door and out into the hallway. But as soon as he was out there he froze seeing Scott being held by a bezerker, who had a knife dripping wolfsbaine to his neck.

"No, oh god no, Scott. . ." Liam whispered close to tears. Then he heard Kate come up behind him. He shifted whipping around all yellow eyes, sharp fangs, and claws.

"Now now Liam, I would stay where you are if I were you. Wouldn't want Scottie here to get hurt would you?" Kate said in a falsely sweet voice. His eye's got wide and he paled a little bit as he shifted back.

"Liam! Don't let her get to you, you know me, I'll be fine!" Scott wheezed out against the knife on his throat, the pressure slowly but surely increasing.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that Scott." Kate replied, smile growing as Liam stiffened and turned his head twoard Scott. He then smelled Derek so he got Kate's attention.

"I'll go with you just. . . . . Please don't hurt Scott." Liam pleaded. And for a split second Kate turned her in the orher direction and that's when Derek ran up behind the bezerker and got it to let go of Scott, who in turn caught the knife the bezerker dropped in its haste to catch Derek.

"Liam!" Scott called and tossed him the knife. Liam caught it careful not to touch the blade. At that point Kate turned around and Liam drove the knife into her chest. She gasped and fell to her knees, blood pooring out as she pulled the knife out of her chest. Liam's eye's widened as he realised what he did. He put a hand over his mouth abd backed up. He backed into someones chest. Quickly, he turned only to rush back into their arms. "Shh, Liam its alright, she's not dead." Scott whispered into his ear. Sure enough, when he looked back Kate was gone, small drops of blood leading in the direction she ran off in. "Let's go get changed, we have 2 wins to celebrate." Scott said linking their fingers as they walked off in the direction of the locker room.