CHAPTER 1

Note: Tian Qi is pretending to be a boy eunuch so she could enter the medical academy. So if I use the pronoun he/she then please just bear with it. 😜

19-year-old Dr Tian Qi was crying uncontrollably over the coffin of Infanta Shucheng, the fiancee of General Ji.

The Infanta was about to marry the general, which accounts for the red banner decorations everywhere which annoyed General Ji when he went to see the body of the Infanta.

A few days previously...

Tian Qi (pretending to be a boy eunuch) came top of the newly qualified doctors at the General Medical Academy and as such, 'he' was told that 'he' will become a physician for the emperor.

Tian Qi, thinking on her feet, said that she dare not go accept the position because is known a hoodoo, a curse, a jinx. She elaborated that she had caused many to die just being near her and she would not impose herself to the emperor.

Tian Qi was really determined to go to Mansion Ji, because she heard that the killer of her father and the rest of the family was someone from the Mansion.

Her Shifu at the academy was being assigned to Mansion Ji so she begged him to take 'him' as his intern.

His Shifu finally agreed but for a price of 200 guan. It was a lot of money but Tian Qi was desperate so she agreed.

Anyway, Tian Qi got along well with the Infanta. She was helping the infanta to be even more attractive and memorable to General Ji, who happens to be a gorgeous man, popular with the women despite his reputation for utter cruelty in battles.

During a tea party held by the General to introduced his soon to be wife, the infanta, an assassin who was about to attack the general knocked into Tian Qi, who fell on the lap of the General, who with one hand, held on to the blade of the knife used to attack him while stopping the assassin altogether.

The General then told Tian Qi who was still resting on his lap to get up.

While the assassin was being apprehended, the Infanta collapsed.

And a few hours later, she was declared dead by poisoning.

And this how the General found Tian Qi. She was crying disconsolately, burning incense and money and papers by the coffin. Because just before the General turned up, Tian Qi was crying so hard because she knew without the infanta she will be sent back to the General Medical Academy. She had already spent a lot of money to be able to stay at Mansion Ji. Then she saw the jewels which will be buried with the Infanta. She thought it would not really benefit the infanta to where she was going but it would certainly be of use to her. She was just about to take them when there was a ghostly haunting.

Immediately, Tian Qi knelt down asking for forgiveness. She was crying so much she did not notice that the General was standing next to her. Only when she reached down to what she thought was her hanky which she used to mop up her tears and blow her nose noisily into that the cloth was in fact the hem of the annoyed General's hanfu.

The General asked who 'he' was. He did not trust her. He asked his bodyguard to find out everything about the young doctor.

He wanted to find out what the excessive grief of the young doctor over the infanta. He suspected that perhaps they were lovers!

The General was in his mansion when an assassin appeared. After a beautifully executed martial arts where the General won it in the end, he found out that his assassin was his brother Yi Zheng who had just come back from his travel.

They were happy to see each other and General Ji asked him to stay with him as he needs him to help him with things in the empire.

There was a newly acquired backstory story for Yi Zheng. A few days ago he was crossing the bridge when he saw a beautiful elegant woman. He fell in love with her at first sight. But she did not even notice him. He accidentally has gotten hold of her hanky.

The woman was, of course, Tian Qi, who was at that time dressed as a girl.

THIS CHAPTER ENDS HERE . WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! COMING SOON! STAY TUNED! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED . AND ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ADD THIS STORY IN YOUR READING LIST.