CHAPTER 13

Ru Yi, Ji Heng and Ji Zheng's nephew came to stay at Mansion Ji. For some reason, the young boy attached himself to Tian Qi and had started calling her 'mom'.

Ji Zheng found this too ridiculous and got annoyed of teaching his nephew silly things.

Madam Ji, Ji Heng's mother had come back from the temple together with her assistant, the commander of Mansion Ji, Chen Wu Yong.

Chen Wu Yong had a reputation for being wicked and cruel.

Dr Ding and Tian Qi saw the commander ordering a maid to be given 50 lashes for not maintaining the pristine condition of his apartment at the mansion.

Chun Hua saw Tian Qi and Dr Ding. She warned them not to get into the bad side of Mr Chen. She also said to Tian Qi that as soon as she saw Mr Chen again, she suddenly remembered that it was him who was wearing the Buddha jade bracelet that Tian Qi was asking about.

Little Ru Yi was telling Madam Ji how much she likes Tian Qi. Madam Ji got curious about the doctor who seemed to be popular with everyone including to her own son, Ji Heng.

Meanwhile, Tian Qi went to see Mr Chen with a small chest of jade jewels including the red bead jade Buddha bracelet as an offering.

Upon seeing the bracelet Mr Chen was visibly shocked.

Tian Qi asked why he seemed interested with the Buddha bracelet.

Mr Chen said that he used to own it and had given it to someone else. He was surprised to get it back again.

Seeing the bracelet again had given Mr Chen a nightmare. In his dream, his throat was cut by Tian Qi.

Because of this, he planned to get rid of Tian Qi.

He recruited the maid of the former concubine to tell Madam Ji that Tian Qi was known for being a jinx and the sooner that they get rid of her the better.

Madam Ji concocted her own plan which was influenced by Mr Chen.

She met up with Ji Heng and Ji Zheng for a welcome home dinner. It turned out that Ji Heng was her son but Ji Zheng was the son of a concubine.

Madam Ji had a hand with the death of the young concubine. She forced the girl to drink poison. She then had taken Ji Zheng as her own son. Ji Zheng quite loved her as well.

Anyway, she told her sons that it was time that they are married.

Both boys said that they were not ready.

Knowing that she can't force them in that subject, she started telling Ji Zheng that she heard so much about Tian Qi from Ruyi. She said that it would be good if Ji Zheng could give the doctor to her so Tian Qi could look after her, now that she was getting older. This would also be good for Ru Yi who had taken a liking to the young doctor.

With this explanation, Ji Zheng could not really say 'no' to his mother.

He was going to see Tian Qi about it but he got the news that Tian Qi was under quarantine.

Tian Qi had colluded with Dr. Ding about inducing the chickenpox ailment so that she does not have to transfer to Madam Ji's mansion immediately.

Dr. Ding agreed because he was the one who told her the gossip that Madam Ji was meant to have her killed.

Ji Zheng found out that Tian Qi had the pox. Despite the quarantine, he forced his way into the sick Tian Qi's room. He then told Dr Ding that he will look after Tian Qi.

Meanwhile, Ji Zheng was aching to see Tian Qi but it would look bad if he actually did.

THIS CHAPTER ENDS HERE . WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! COMING SOON! STAY TUNED! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED . AND ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ADD THIS STORY IN YOUR READING LIST.