CHAPTER 23

Madam Ji gave the brothers ultimatum regarding Tian Qi. They either report her to the King and let the king punished the girl that fooled the academy or ask Tian Ji to leave Ji Mansion.

Ji Hen objected. He said he would neither report to the king nor ask Tian Qi to leave the manor. That was final.

His mother was so annoyed, she told everything to her assistant, Commander Chen Yu Wong, who started plotting what he was going to do.

And what he did was try to kill Tian Qi, who had now turned into a beautiful girl.

Tian Qi had always been a resourceful girl, so she had a vial of powder that she spread on Chen Wuyong.

Tian Qi was rescued by Ji Zheng and then Ji Hen and yet a masked Chen Wuyong still got away. Tian Qi was sure though that the man was Chen Wuyong and that she saw the bite mark on his arm she gave him when she was a little girl after he killed her parents.

Ji Hen said that Chen Wuyong was probably realised who she was, who her parents were and was trying to kill her or Madam Ji had ordered Chen Wu Yong to kill Tian Qi.

Poor Ji Zheng was rather sad to know how loving to each other Ji Hen and Tian Qi were, though he had already given them his blessing.

Ji Zheng went drinking with his friend, Shaofeng, who came him a document that said Madam Ji had his mother killed to protect her son, Ji Hen.

That was such sad a sad scene between Ji Zheng and Madam Ji. Ji Zheng asked Madam Ji about his real mother and was it true that she forced his mother to commit suicide?

Madama Ji was shocked to find out but she was honest. She said that her husband had fallen in love with his concubine and would like make her son, Ji Zheng, his favoured son.

So she made the concubine make a choice: kill herself or kill Ji Zheng.

Ji Zheng was heartbroken that his mother had to kill herself because of him.

He then unsheathed his dagger and threatened to kill her. She closed her eyes and told him to do it but he must not take his anger on Ji Heng, who had always thought of him as a real brother.

Ji Zheng was about to slash Madam Ji's throat but he remembered all the times that she was so loving and kind to her. She did treat her like her own. So he said he can't be with her anymore. This was so sad, I was crying.

Meanwhile, Ji Heng found out where Chen Wu Yong was hiding.

Chen Wu Yong readily confessed why he wanted to kill Tian Qi. It was for the Ji Family, for Madam Ji to be precise.

Chen Wu Yong recounted that Shen Young (Tian Qi's father) knew of the forced poisoning of the concubine. So Madam Ji ordered that any witness should be terminated.

Ji Heng realised that his first love, Zhao'er was Tian Qi all along.

THIS CHAPTER ENDS HERE . WAIT FOR THE NEXT CHAPTER! COMING SOON! STAY TUNED! PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE ON THIS CHAPTER IF YOU LIKED . AND ALSO DON'T FORGET TO ADD THIS STORY IN YOUR READING LIST.