Chapter 32- Disasters

The coffins glowed unusually bright, and the covers shattered to nothingness. Light enveloped the preserved bodies within, and lifted them out. Vesta was enthusiastic, and Marklen stood emotionless by her side.

"Is this really alright?" He wondered out loud. Vesta dismissed his question, focusing solely on the bodies. Marklen studied the unconscious dragon. Was he in pain? Marklen's eyes traveled to the numerous soldiers lying dead on the ground. Rea's two companions has fallen unconscious from Demetri's petrification spell, while Rea herself has been murdered by Artemis. It was impossible; Artemis, Demetri, and Allegra were all supposedly dead. And he had remembered portraits of Artemis, flashing the red-haired beauty, and those indescribable emerald eyes.

The Artemis he had seen had dull white hair, flat black eyes, and unnatural pale skin.

"Rise, my Queens!" Vesta bowed her head, and Marklen hesitantly followed suit. The glowing bodies were laid onto the grass. Their eyes opened simultaneously; they were kind and the colour of roses.

Marklen could not differentiate between the two, except for one's flowing golden hair that covered her naked body. The other's hair was purplish-black, but just as long.

"My Queens," Vesta threw herself to the ground. This, Marklen did not follow. He simply bowed, unmoving.

The golden-haired beauty spoke, "Why is our dragon here?"

Her voice chilled Marklen to the bone.

"What kind of welcome is this?" The other spoke, twitching her nose at the corpses surrounding them. Vesta stood upright. She waved her hand at the golden-haired one.

"Queen Beatrice Exedras," she said. Then she turned to the other, "Queen Fortuna Exedras."

"This is Tytania?" Beatrice raised her eyebrow, stretching her thin arms. Vesta nodded.

"Are we in Beatrisia, or Fortunia?" Fortuna questioned. Vesta was taken off-guard. The places and names had changed over the years. Marklen took over for the stupefied queen. "In Fortunia, Your Highness."

"This doesn't look like my Fortunia," Fortuna clicked her tongue, "Who are you two?"

"Vesta Tyr, the current queen of Tytania," Marklen replied, "and Marklen Lios, her Knight."

Beatrice snorted. "This girl is ruling all of Tytania?"

"I am," Vesta had regained her composure. "The Exedras line has vanished."

"So why are we here?" Fortuna asked, in a dazed and seductive tone. "I take it you used our poor dragon to raise us?"

Vesta replied, "Yes. The dragon still lives."

Marklen intervened. "We should return him to his Lair before he awakens."

Beatrice and Fortuna exchanged amused glances. "We want to play with him."

Vesta and Marklen froze. Beatrice laughed ominously. "Do not worry. He will not misbehave with us."

Vesta's tensed muscles relaxed, and she smiled dazzlingly at the Exedras twins.

"Vesta, is it?" Beatrice confirmed. "It is quite chilly out here."

Vesta blushed beetroot red. They both were naked, and she the breeze was cold. Not to mention Marklen's faint blush and averted eyes. She instantly took action, dashing into the castle and back in less than a minute with velvet robes. She had prepared them earlier, but they had been lost in the uproar with Bahamut.

The two queens donned the clothing, smiling appreciatively at the pure material. They slipped their narrow feet into flat, soft slippers. Vesta led them into the castle, assuring them that everything would be explained.