Part II

Chapter 16.5

He Tian's eggs hatched and Mo Guan Shan could feel the chick alive and kicking--- and bulging, poking the inside of his leg.

His eyes flew open. He shouldn't have lazed around on it and kept it warm in the process, but it's far too late now. If he moved, He Tian would wake up and he'll be too grateful for the heads up.

Huh. Heads up, Mo Guan Shan chuckled dryly. Instead of moving, he chose to listen to He Tian's even breathing and the rhythmic beating of his heart. The guy smelled so good and it's making him imagine scenarios with He Tian on it, minus the clothes.

"Morning," he heard He Tian's chest vibrate with the word and Mo Guan Shan quickly pushed himself up from the other guy's body, his guilt plain as day.

"Leaving so soon?" He Tian asked, his voice scratchy. He reached up to trace a finger on Mo Guan Shan's exposed collarbone so he froze in place, arms propped on each side of his body. Needless to say, their groins were pressed closer than ever.

"I'm just. . . changing my position. I'd hate to impose any further," the red head uttered, looking at the pillow by He Tian's ear, not quite meeting his gaze. He Tian smiled, amused by the formal way of speaking.

"Water."

"Huh?"

"I'm parched," He Tian answered, propping himself up as he leaned on the headboard. Mo Guan Shan found it a perfect opportunity to get off He Tian and reached for a glass bottle of water by the bedside table, opened it and handed it to him. He accepted it with a bright smile that almost sent Mo Guan Shan to his grave. "I remember our first meeting. You asked me for water back then."

Mo Guan Shan groaned. The memory made him cringe because he remembered how bratty he acted in front in He Tian. But he can't blame him though. He's been through a lot and he's practically just an annoying stranger back then, with his smug face and glinting gazes, like he's up to no good.

"You thought I was an errand boy. That was funny, but I had to act cool."

"It's your fault for not wearing a suit. Those men who took me were strutting in fancy outfits and you were there in your shirt and loafers," Mo Guan Shan explained, face burning as he lay back down next to He Tian. He shifted his eyes up to watch He Tian's Adam's apple bob up and down as he drank the water.

"You like guys in fancy suits?" He Tian asked after his drink and wiped his lips with the back of his hand.

"Who doesn't like that kind of stuff? Even your grandmother would regret going through menopause around---" Mo Guan Shan stopped talking when he noticed He Tian's weird grin.

"Noted."

"Hey!" he slapped He Tian's arm and kicked him lightly. "Don't do stupid shit."

"You don't even know what I'm thinking," He Tian said, letting out a playful laugh.

"Where were they, anyway? Those men? Are they legit bodyguards?"

"No. They were strippers," He Tian answered in a serious tone as he gazed outside through the glass wall. He then shifted his gaze to Mo Guan Shan and gave him a naughty smirk. "My grandma hired them for her birthday."

"Ugh! Fuckhead, I'm being serious here!"

"Well, they are bodyguards. My brother runs a private security agency, you see," He Tian admitted. "I borrowed them to impress you, and I'm glad I did. They were right on time."

"Huh. Yeah," he agreed, remembering the slash on his wrist and all the warm blood spraying on his face. He Tian seemed to sense this and he reached down to hold his wrist, running a thumb over the bumpy keloid scars.