Chapter 28

Mo Guan Shan started wearing the witchstone necklace Rica made him and He Tian said it suited him. He didn't need to know that it was the physical form of his promise to stick with He Tian forever, as long as they're together. Rica used a brown string on it, the thick kind used in tribal necklaces. It was knotted too, in a way that the length could be adjusted.

They were supposed to go somewhere the following day but Mo Guan Shan insisted that they stay at home and just enjoy each other's company. Most of their days were spent outside so naturally people were drawn to them so they would end up surrounded by people as they enjoyed outdoor activities.

He Tian had been looking good tanned but he insisted that Mo Guan Shan always coat himself with sunblock and it was such a small request that the other guy agreed to meticulously maintain his complexion. He admitted it's a sexual thing and it didn't bother Mo Guan Shan at all.

But the daily interactions with the locals took its toll on the guy's energy reserve.

"I need to recharge. I'm not built for daily socialization," he told He Tian over breakfast. They were having fresh bread that He Tian bought earlier from his morning mountain jog.

"Fine with me," He Tian gave him a wide grin. "I appreciate this. You should really say what's bothering you so I don't overstep."

"Stupid. I'm just complaining," Mo Guan Shan averted his eyes and buttered his toast.

"We all have limits. Even I have times when I just want to be alone."

"You should also get angry when I don't do some stuff that you really wanna do. You have that right, you own me."

"Stop it!" He Tian snapped and shot him a nasty glare before walking out. Mo Guan Shan dropped his butter knife, shocked beyond words. That wasn't what he meant.

That thing about owning him, it was meant to let him know that he's He Tian's, body and soul, if he ever had one. He's not trying to provoke him but it seemed like the guy misunderstood.

He should've chosen "I'm yours" instead.

He'd done it. His eyes started leaking even before he could fully process what just happened.

A moment later, He Tian came jogging back to the kitchen with a worried expression on his face.

"I was kidding!" he bellowed and wrapped Mo Guan Shan in a tight hug. "You wanted to see me angry so I gave you a sneak peek. I didn't mean to startle you!"

He kissed the side of the guy's head.

"It was a bad prank, I'm so sorry, Little Mo."

"Fuck you! That was. . . That was. . ." the red-headed guy hiccuped and soon he was crying so hard as he ground several punches on He Tian's chest. "Warn me if you're about to get angry so I don't actually cross the line you fucking psycho!"

"Oh, Little Mo, ouch! I mean, you're not giving me any reason to be angry. I am hopelessly incapable of getting angry with you, you lovely being---oomph!"

"That's for being an asshole," Mo Guan Shan said but pressed a hand over He Tian's belly to rub the part where he last punched him. It was a hard punch and it really looked like it hurt him.

"Ugh, Little Mo. It's starting to bruise," the other guy winced and pressed his head on Mo Guan Shan's shoulder. The red head runs his fingers on the other's hair in a soothing way.

"There, there. What do you want me to do?"

"Well, you can kiss the pain away."

"I will only kiss it if you sit on my lap like a good boy."