Chapter 19

Mo Guan Shan felt icky when he woke up he just wanted to jump into a pool of water and get rid of his underpants. He opened his eyes, smiling at the thought of last night, like it's his first time doing naughty stuff with a guy.

He sat up with a disgusted grimace, before finally deciding to take off his underpants and stuffed it inside his pocket. Going commando felt better already.

"Where's He Tian, Auntie?" he asked when he went to the front porch and Daniella's sitting there while having her morning coffee. She enjoys her mornings and Mo Guan Shan thought that it might be how a person who loves life looks. Savoring every cup of coffee while you watch the peaceful green world glimmer with the sun shining down on dewdrops.

"He'll be back soon, Shan. He just went back to the Big House to get some clothes for our cookout later," Daniella answered with a wide smile, bringing her cup to her lips. The dog sat by her feet and she would occasionally break off a piece of bread and feed her.

"Hmm." Mo Guan Shan looked in the direction of He Tian's house. "Morning, Kabang," he greeted the dog and scratched her folded ears.

"Come on, I'll pour you some coffee."

"Thanks, Auntie. I'll just check how 3rdBall's doing," he answered and went down the stairs.

"Oh! You named it!" Daniella said and laughed.

"I just wanted to annoy He Tian, Auntie," he managed a soft laugh before squatting to the ground in front of his white chicken. It's foot was tied with a string and it looked at him expectantly.

It tried to peck at his fingers so he gently stroked its head. The chicken closed its eyes and opened them again when he stropped.

"You hungry, 3rdBall?"

"Well, it's breakfast time for them," Rico said and handed him a tin cup half-filled with milled corn. "Here, give it a handful."

"Wow, thanks, Uncle!" Mo Guan Shan stood up and accepted the cup. After yesterday, he'd wanted to try feeding the chickens.

He gave 3rdBall a handful and it enthusiastically pecked on the ground. Rico called the flock and they scampered closer upon hearing his voice, surrounding him eagerly. Some even fought each other for a better position.

Mo Guan Shan cast his own corn on the dirt patch around him and enjoyed the flock's short attention. They fed the chickens until their corn ran out and their customers slowly drifted away to scratch at the ground for their daily dose of worms.

He washed his hands and they joined Daniella's sumptuous breakfast of hot bread and freshly-made white, carabao's cheese and slices of ripe tomatoes.

"Meals like this makes people happy," Mo Guan Shan said, smiling to himself.

"It is good for the body, Shan, so it will also improve your mood. I'm so glad you're enjoying the food, dear."

He nodded, stuffing himself with his customized sandwich. They talked about Daniella's delicious recipes and she offered to teach Mo Guan Shan her own bread recipe. Mo Guan Shan didn't need to feign interest because he's truly interested in learning new, practical skills while he's here. They even joked about opening a native Filipino cuisine restaurant in China and Mo Guan Shan felt entranced by the idea.

After breakfast, he joined Rico and helped him pull his goats from the barn to lead them to their own version of breakfast buffet. Just in the middle of the plains with abundant carabao grass. Bleating goats looked up at him and some even challenged him to a head-bumping fight after they tied the bigger goats on the coconut trunks. Then he ran around to chase the kids as they pranced and practiced their intimidation stance. Baby goats were so adorable, especially with their boot-like legs, that he decided to try asking He Tian for one too.