Chapter 21

They never got the chance to talk more about He Cheng's sudden arrival. Mo Guan Shan crashed as soon as they got inside the house that He Tian had to carry him in their room from the sofa in the living room.

"Are you leaving tomorrow?" He Tian asked in Mandarin, even when Nato was sitting on the grass while waiting for He Cheng. Rica insisted that the kid should guide their visitor to the nipa hut because everyone else was tired. He Tian felt bad for the boy but he didn't seem to mind. He even looked like he could still play basketball.

"Yes, I will leave in the morning. I have so many things to take care of after the relocation."

"Sucks to be you, huh."

"All because you refuse to help me."

He Tian grimaced but He Cheng reached out to squeeze his shoulder before turning away. When Nato noticed him coming, the kid immediately stood up and bade He Tian good night.

He went straight to his workshop to check his phone and sure enough, his agent indeed has been trying to reach him since yesterday afternoon. He sighed and called him.

"Sorry, I was out yesterday and the whole day today."

"Apparently. I've been calling you," his agent said coolly from the other end. "You know I can't say no to big brother Cheng."

"You could've said that you're not aware of my location," he said, staring at Mo Guan Shan naked body sitting on his work table. It's still rough and unfinished but he's gone apprehensive to hold it again.

"He would have scooped my brains out of my ear, how 'bout that? With a spoon," the guy on the other line sighed. "Should really get a wife, that guy, so he wouldn't be too bored and choose to annoy you instead."

"You don't have a wife."

"I'm not as old as him. Anyway, my job is my wife and cleaning your mess is my mistress. I can't even poop sitting down because I'm too busy with your own shit."

"Hmm. Should've gotten myself a secretary," He Tian murmured.

"I can be your secretary, and then you can pay me twice."

They both laughed. He got to admit, he missed hanging out with the guy.

"Hey, who's that? Why can't we have dinner in peace?" asked another familiar voice from the background. He Tian smiled to himself. He missed these guys.

"Shut up and eat your steak," his agent said, tone serious but He Tian could sense fondness in his voice. 

"You didn't mention the virus," He Tian said, shifting the topic to the most problematic one in the list.

"I thought you'd know by now. Don't you have a television?"

"We have but it's offline and the internet here sucks. Also, I'm keeping him away from social media."

It's not like social media was a big part of his life anyway. All he ever had was Instagram to promote his works and post events like exhibits and auctions. His agent handles that too.

"He's not complaining about that? That guy's big on social media, right?"

"He's pretty cool about it. Things have been running pretty smoothly these past few days and once he thinks he can handle it, I'll bring him to the city. Let him have his phone, maybe call his mom and update his status to 'married'."

"You are so weird."

"Not as weird as you, being friends with me since high school."

"Who wouldn't? You were our ATM machine," his agent said, a hint of smile in his voice. "Although I wish I had chosen a different job."