Chapter 1

He's been staring at the darkness. Only doctors and nurses who regularly check on him came and went. The guy, He Tian, told a nurse to let him know that he'll be gone for several days to take care of some important things before they go.

Sleeping at night became too difficult for him because every time he closed his eyes he felt like he's being dragged down into the deepest ocean. Most of the time it was the falling all of a sudden that kept him from sleeping. He would hold tightly to the side of his bed just so he "wouldn't fall down".

His doctor asked if he would like to have a psychiatrist talk to him but he strongly objected to that idea. Nothing was worse than having strangers poke around your head for salvageable scraps of your old "normal" personality.

By the second month, he's fully recovered but the guy still hadn't shown his face.

"How much do you think I owe this hospital?" Mo Guan Shan asked the nurse that he's most comfortable with. She's a plump middle-aged woman with a cheerful smile and thin eyebrows.

"Oh, I avoid thinking about huge sums of money. It messes with my head and next thing I know my migraine would be killing me!" she exclaimed in her loud voice. She once told him she's having a hard time keeping her voice down and got into trouble a lot of times because of that. She even told him that her husband was crazy about her because of her screams during sex.

Mo Guan Shan laughed softly at the thought.

"You don't have to worry about anything though. Your husband made sure you'll be treated like a VIP," she winked at him. Mo Guan Shan felt like he's being dipped into scalding hot water and he's sure his face looked like it too.

"He's not ma--my. . .!"

She laughed in her usual witch cackle and slapped her thigh.

"I'm just messing with you."

He covered his face with an extra pillow. He Tian's cocky face popped out in his head so he groaned loudly and pressed the pillow harder on his face.

"I'm just wondering why he wastes his resources on me. Why would a person buy garbage when he can afford the best, right?"

There was no reply so he sat up. His face was met by a bouquet of sunflowers and a smiling He Tian.

"You're not in the position to decide what's best for me," the boy said without a change in his smile.

"Where were you?" Mo Guan Shan snapped, turning his face away from the flowers.

"I said I was gonna take care of important things," He Tian answered before putting down the flowers on the table.

"No. You didn't tell me."

"You were asleep."

"Then you should've waited for me to wake up."

"It was urgent."

"I'm an investment, right? So I have some value in me, right? And do people leave valuables anywhere they please?!"

He Tian sighed and held both his arms before kissing him, as if he's fed up with all his complaints. The kiss itself reeked of warnings and anger.

"Keep your tantrums until you're out of here," he whispered while holding his face by the cheeks with one long-fingered hand. Mo Guan Shan felt foolish while helplessly staring at the other boy's eyes, his lips protruding like a fish.

By the next day, they were on a plane to god-knows-where, sitting on the economy class of all things. He's sitting next to He Tian but he wasn't saying anything so he kept his face turned to the side. It was his first time seeing clouds so after a while, his face was pressed on the glass in awe.