Chapter 32 (NSFW)

He was awakened by hushed voices talking right across the room. Mo Guan Shan squinted as he tried to get up. He Tian and Rica stood by the door with Nato holding a towel. The black-haired man glanced in his direction and caught his eyes.

Suddenly the world wasn't so bleak and a comfortable warmth settled on his cheeks.

"Morning, Little Mermaid," He Tian said and he was standing right next to the bed and grinning at him.

"Wait, it's morning already?" he asked. His voice was hoarse and his eyes felt swollen. He Tian shook his head and he noticed his hair was dripping wet. Even his clothes were wet. Mo Guan Shan quickly stood up to touch the hair sticking on his forehead.  "You're drenched."

"With good looks, yes."

"Ugh, Shan, hurry up and you both go to your room so He Tian can change his clothes," Rica said and she was also wet. Nato was quietly watching them, still holding the towel.

"Come on?" He Tian said without taking his eyes off him. He wanted to jump up and cling to him but instead, he held his hand, their fingers automatically found their rightful places.

"Thanks for the treat!" Rica said. "I can finally masturbate in full volume!"

It was a joke but with Rica, you can't be too sure.

"Please get your own room girl," they heard Nato's retort before the cousins closed the door.

Neither spoke until He Tian opened their suite. It was bigger and fancier than the normal room below. He Tian explained that those rooms were the only available but Mo Guan Shan cut him off with a hard kiss.

"Were you scared? Nato explained what happened," He Tian asked after they stopped to catch their breaths. He was holding his shoulders like he's not sure whether to kiss him again or wait for him to answer.

"I almost puked on their faces," Mo Guan Shan chuckled dryly. "Go get changed so I can hug you."

He Tian took a hot shower. It was a welcome sensation after soaking in cold rain for god knows how long and standing in the cold hotel lobby like two drenched chickens waiting for the receptionist to entertain them.

Nato already explained what happened in the mall and put more emphasis on He Cheng's unwelcome call that drove Mo Guan Shan on edge. He Tian was enraged. His brother had no right to speak to Mo Guan Shan without him and he had no right to tell him what to do, even with or without his presence. He already declared independence to his family when he was finally well-established enough to not wince when he splurge a little. Although his grandfather didn't bite when he said it wasn't a problem if they cut him off from the family, the old man was also dormant for years. They let him do what he wanted.

Was that the reason for the sudden tightening of the leash? That it was time for him to act like a proper part of the family and start getting involved in family matters?

Or maybe they're just getting bored now that he's no longer causing trouble? Just when he was finally lying low and slowly settling down with the family he's starting, they chose to butt in and leave mud all over the floor. Did they think that he's been tamed now so he's ready to marry a girl?

He needed to talk to them and settle things for him and Mo Guan Shan.

"What took you so long?" Mo Guan Shan asked. He was holding a bottle of red wine and brought it to his lips. "This is really good."

"You know it's not advisable for you to drink alcohol, Little Mo," He Tian admonished while drying his hair with a towel.

"I won't drink it all. I just need to sleep like a log so I'm alert tomorrow," he answered. He placed the bottle on the table and buried his face in his hands. "I'm so scared."