Wang Yiren | First Day

"*sigh* I barely... made it... in time..." You sighed, taking a deep breath after having run around the whole campus, searching for your own class. You felt like an idiot for not exploring the place before your very first class, thinking that it would be as easy peasy lemon squeezy. Turns out it was hard hard lemon hard.

Right after you had finally gotten your breathing back to normal, the professor walked inside the class meaning that class was about to start.

It felt a bit lonely since you had to sit in the front of the class by yourself, due to forgetting to bring your own glasses. It increased your chances of getting picked by the professor if he were to point at a student to answer his question, so you prayed, hoping that that sort of stuff wouldn't happen to you today.

"Okay class, let's start-" The door swung open, revealing a girl who's gasping for air. It seemed like she had lost her way into the class just like you. Or it could be that she was just late.

She bowed and apologized to the professor, before being told to sit at any available seats inside his class. And out of all places, she had her eyes set next to your seat.

Why're her eyes going my way? Don't get your hopes up, Y/N.

She gave you a smile, before asking whether the seat was taken. Of course you told her no, to which she thanked you before sitting.

Now that I'm looking at her up close, she's really pretty isn't she?

"Hello. I'm Yiren. Wang Yiren." She introduced herself.

"I'm Y/N. Chou Y/N."

She smiled, before opening her bag and started searching for what you assume to be a book. And just as you had predicted, she took her book out before searching more for her stuff.

You couldn't get your eyes off of her, so you just stared, wondering about what she could be searching for.

"Ah.. dang it." She whispered.

"Is something wrong?" You asked.

"I forgot to bring my pen. I was sure that I had put it in there before leaving my dorm. It must've fallen off somewhere." She ranted, to which you giggled.

"I see. I have some extra, want me to lend you one?" You offered.

"Yes please." She pleaded, as you gave it to her. "Thank you. I owe you one."

"Well..." You hesitated on whether to shoot your shot or not, since you never had any plan on embarrassing yourself on your first day. In the end, you didn't want to regret it later and asked.

"You could introduce me to some places on our campus. Considering I'm still new and all." She chuckled, before giving an answer.

"You know that we're in the same year, right? This class is exclusive for freshmens, after all."

Ah... right.

She giggled once more before continuing.

"But okay. I'd love to explore our campus together. Let's do it after this class, what do you think? If you don't have any more classes for today, that is."

"O-Of course!" You stuttered. "Let's do that. But since the class would be done by lunch time, why don't we go to the cafeteria while we're at it?"

She gave a warm smile, and replied.

"Sounds like a plan."