Baek Jiheon | Love Letter

It's been a while since I've written this book. Let's see if you guys will like this

________

"...aren't you a little too old to be writing love letters to your crush? Why don't you just tell him to meet you on the roof in person?" Nagyung said to her friend.

"Love letters aren't just for kids, unnie. Besides, why can't I convey my love in the form of writing? It's not like it's forbidden to do so." She replied, before she went back to focusing on her writing.

"Yeah... you do you, I guess. He'll accept your confession anyways."

"You said it as if it's a given that he likes me."

"Oh sweet Jiheon~ clueless as always. Just hurry up so I can go home."

The two friends are now sitting at their desks, as one of them was waiting for the other to finish her thoughtfully written piece of letter. Though it's not just any letter. It's a love letter.

"And done! Want me to read it out loud?" She was about to read the first word, when Nagyung swooped in and told her not to.

"Nope. I just want to go home."

"... party pooper."

"Think of it like this. What if I were to be the one who's writing a love letter? Do you want me to read it out for you?"

"Why not?"

"...let's just go home."

They packed their things up and left the classroom, with the letter still in her hands.

"You know you should put that into your bag."

"Right. I don't know why I'm still- Ah!" She was startled by the strong gust of wind, as it made her lose grip to her letter. It flew out of the window, and fell onto the ground where there was no one in sight.

Jiheon ran at the speed of light, afraid that someone might pick up the letter and read its contents. God knows what she'll do if someone were to do that.

She ran, and ran, until eventually she reached the ground floor where her worst fear came true. Someone picked the letter up, and seemed to be reading what was written inside.

"Don't read it! Please!" She pleaded, as she ran towards the male student. Her steps stopped soon after realizing the one who was there. It was none other than the person who she was supposed to send it to. And it was him. Kang Y/N.

"J-Jiheon-ah." Y/N's face implied that he had surely read everything that was inside. Her tears started to fall, after realizing that the one she loved has now realized her true feelings for him.

She felt embarrassed to a point where she ran away, without letting him say a single word. Fortunately for Y/N, she wasn't one who's good at sports which made him able to catch up to her quite easily.

"Jiheon-ah. I'm sorry that I read it without your permission. I just happened to be nearby when I saw it fall, and I read it out of curiosity." He apologized from the bottom of his heart, hoping Jiheon will accept his apology.

Her sobs slowly halted, before she spoke.

"I'll forgive you, if you give me a response."

"Like.. right now?"

"Of course now!" She shouted, as he took a step back being afraid that he'll receive a hit. He giggled soon after, and replied.

"The answer is a yes, silly. Are you really that clueless to my advances?"

"I'll hit you if you're teasing me. Like I always do."

"No, for real! If you don't believe me then..." He pulled her into a hug, without her expecting it.

"I've always liked you, Jiheon-ah. Will you be my girlfriend?" She cried out of joy, having finally confessed to Y/N whom she's always liked since forever.